Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Christmas Pleasures: Christmas Books

I love to sit in this chair and pull one of the many Christmas books off the shelf at the bottom of the little side table. The Pearl Buck book has many short stories in it. There a few favorites in it that I have read many times and then there are some that I have never read so I might choose a new or old favorite to read. The Christmas In America book has the most beautiful Christmas photos in it...some reading, but mainly a good book to look at! I also have downloaded from the our public library cyber library a couple of Christmas novels...just light reading that usually warms my heart. Today I sat in this chair but not to read. I had my needlepoint piece and did some stitching on it while I waited for the dialysis supplies delivery. The delivery was scheduled for between 7 and 11 am in the morning, but as he has done every time, he came a day early as he finished up his other deliveries of the day in our area. I was so glad for them to arrive at 4pm rather than 7am! I have started sleeping in a bit later since our days can be lazy and start whenever we like! If I already have Woody's breakfast items prepared ahead of time, I don't really need to be up and around early. Kathy and the Nathan and the rest of their crew continue to feel well. Woody and I seem fine too. Our days of quarantining are about to draw to a close...just at the perfect time...in time for Woody to go to the kidney center for his monthly visit with Dr. O and some of the others on "our team." That appointment is Thursday. We continue to hear of friends who have Covid...some hardly feel sick and others are in serious condition. So...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! For...'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment