Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve 2020 Definitely Different

A very quiet day in comparison to our usual Christmas Eve celebrations in years past. Usually I would be saying Merry Christmas from the Dorrell households and Proctors and our Christmas family celebration would be over. But this year just Merry Christmas Eve from Woody and me. No big family celebrations...this year. Melany texted with me this morning and my sister and I have talked this evening. But very quiet in comparison to our family gatherings on Christmas Eve Day with 15+ people. Oh, well, such is a Covid lifestyle. The only "normal" thing about today was our church's Christmas Eve service...and, really that wasn't normal as it was a livestream...a livestream that had been taped. It was a good reminder of the meaning of Christmas. Missed the candles at the end, though! I spent a good part of the morning making lasagna. We had it for our Christmas Eve meal. I also put out snack items on the rolling cart...a tradition with me back to childhood. So traditions continue even in these unusal conditions. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Definitely...'tis the season! Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment