Monday, January 4, 2021

108 Years Ago...

108 years ago my father was born...the person who probably most infuenced my enjoyment of photograpy! He would have so enjoyed digital photography...I think...and, Mother would have enjoyed it too, as she wouldn't have had to tote around film in her purse for him! He loved taking photos with dead trees in it...so tonight's photo I post thinking of him...though, this tree is probably not dead...just dormant for the winter...same effect in a photo as a dead one, though! Today has been a busy day. I put off going to the grocery store till today as I just didn't want to over the weekend. Before I got out the door, we received a phone call from Vanderbilt...the appointment with the surgeon. I'm glad that he is associated with Vandy as that way all that he does will automatically be in the Vanderbilt system. Woody has an appointment to see the surgeon, Dr. Kelley, on Friday in Franklin, TN. As I predicted, this appointment conflicted with the Fresenis Kidney nurse appointment here in Tullahoma. After lunch I called Fresenius to reschedule. That appointment was changed to next week as long as it doesn't conflict with a surgery date. I see lots of possibilities of appointment shuffling in our future! I headed off to the Credit Union and the grocery store after hearing from the surgeon's office.I got into a traffic "jam" at the Credit Union. In all the years we have gone there I have never seen it when there were no parking spaces (and, I don't like the drive-thru and it was covered up, too). I drove around the parking lot loop a couple of times and finally someone pulled out and I got a space. The wait inside went fairly quickly, though the line was to the front door when I got there (6 feet apart). Finally I got to the grocery store and did my shopping fairly quickly...then went to check out and there was only one line open (haven't seen that in forever either). The line went quickly and I was able to get the groceries in the car and head home. I got the groceries in the house and the cold things put away and then set up Woody's dialysis treatment for the day. While the solution was warming, I got Woody's lunch and worked some more on the groceries. I got Woody connected right on the dot of 1pm...or close enough for government work! He is well into his treatment now and all is well as far as we know! I haven't accomplished much more than grocery shopping, putting away groceries and setting up appointments...but the day is about behind us. Oh, and, I did make a second trip to the grocery store as they didn't charge me the sale price for two packages of meat that I bought and several onions in the bag I bought were already bad..so back I went...it was worth it since I got several dollars back. I would have skipped it if it had just been the onions. I would have just gone on and cut off the bad and refrigerated or frozen the rest...but in the end got a bag with all good onions in it. I did start undecorating yesterday. I took all of Christmas out of the kitchen and put it on the dining room table...and there it sits! I got to the point that I just wanted the Christmas "clutter" off the kitchen counters! It must have been time to take it down as I didn't see it as clutter when it was first placed! Oh, and, an update on my new iPad. Nathan and I have successfully gotten it back to being "mine" again. What Nathan did on Melany's Apple computer worked and I was able to get the rest of the way back after he brougt it back to me. I got the one "bad" message just before blogging last night...but it did say to "try again later." And, trying again later did work and I am back in business...adding in apps and getting things set up again. Now I have the problem of picking up the old ipad to work with appointments and it isn't up to date with the new one. I will have to get it up to date as it is the one that I will probably carry with me to appointments, etc. until I get the case ordered for my new one...something else that I "need" to do! Today...I've learned of more Covid cases including a best friend's mother who is now in the hospital with Covid pneumonia and it has reached into my niece in Arizona's family. Covid is relentless! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment