Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Attempting Normalcy?

This morning Woody headed out fairly early to get his hair cut. Then the moment that he got back I headed out to the church library...the first time in over 40 weeks since Donna and I had darkened the doors of the library to put in some work. And, in a couple of hours we did over 40 weeks of work! I will say that the library has been used during the pandemic...lots of books to check out and lots of books to check back in and lots of books to shelve! We could definitely tell that we had accomplished something when we got ready to head back home. Woody's Covid test came back negative...we would have been very surprised if it had been anything but negative! But that is one step closer to being ready for his surgery. Today was also the day that I had to order dialysis supplies. I got that finished before heading off to the library. After I got Woody's dialysis treatment going for today, I put in a call to our Fresenius Kidney Care Center and talked to one of our nurses. I needed to let them know about Woody's surgery and I needed to see if there were any special instructions that we needed to give the surgeon's team prior to surgery. There were none. He, of course, won't be here to start his dialysis treatment at his usual time. I will have the treatment ready to go when he gets back home from his surgery. I figure that won't be all that early since he isn't checking in till 1:30pm. And, I have memories of sitting for very long times in the waiting area after checking in! Nathan is feeling much better today...finally! Either he or Kathy will take Woody for his surgery. I will stay home and, like I said, have his dialysis treatment ready to go when he gets home. I have several "projets" planned to occupy my time while he is away! Only one person can accompany Woody into the hospital due to Covid and since I don't drive in Nashville that one person needs to be his driver! Tomorrow morning he will have a phone appointment with anesthesia. Things are gettng ticked off my to-do list that have to happen prior to him leaving here to head to Vanderbilt on Friday. I'm sure that a few things will be added to that list after we talk to Vanderbilt tomorrow. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment