Friday, January 22, 2021

What a Combo: A Birthday + A Surgery

Since I can't be sure about the order of the photos, I have written on each of them to let you know what is going on in them! What a day! I will start by wishing Jospeh a great BIG happy 7th birthday! Our plans changed a bit, but we still celebrated! Now to back up to last night...I left you last night knowing that Nathan was in the ER probably with a gall bladder attack. Well...after all the tests...he didn't have strep...he didn't have flu...he didn't have Covid...he wasn't having a gall bladder attack! The CT scan showed that he had an appendix problem...that needed to be taken care of soon. Luckily it hadn't ruptured. At first they said that surgery would happen that night, but later changed their tune and said that surgery would be this morning...well, it really started at noon...so to be technical...Anyway, the surgery went fine. They said that he could probably go home this evening if he could tolerate food. At this point he is still in the hospital and we are figuring that he will be spending the night. His temperature has gone back up and he has been having rigors, really bad shakes. When Woody got them we called them "quakes" because the whole bed shook when these shakes took over his body...and that is what has been happening with Nathan, too. Last I heard they had subsided. Kathy just texted me and he is going to be spending the night. I think that is wise. I would hate for him to go home and then have to go back to ER if more problems arise. He is getting pain meds and IV antibiotics for the night and they will do labs in the morning. Hopefully he will get some healing sleep tonight...never know in the hospital! Now on to our "wait and see." We are still waiting to hear from the surgeon. Woody said that the PET techs said to contact someone if we hadn't heard by Friday. I will write an email through Vanderbilt's MyHealth app. I can choose which of Woody's doctors to email so will email the surgeon and hope to hear the first of the week. I'd just as soon slide through the weekend not having to know/think about whatever the next step is! We can continue to live in oblivion for a few more days!!! I will now end by wishing Joseph another BIG happy birthday! He has been a trouper adapting to changes in plans for his big day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I know several friends who got get their Covid vaccines today...three more, that I know of, who have had their first shot. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment