Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Has Arrived

So...2021 has arrived. I must admit that I'm not all that excited about its arrival or what is in store for us. It is here none the less and we will make the best of it! Today has been a hair-pulling-out kind of day. Last night just before going to sleep, I logged onto my iPad to look at one last thing...don't remember what...probably email since I had been watching something and hadn't checked mail yesterday evening. Well, the new iPad wouldn't let me log on with a pass code...would not let me use touch recognition. Well...for some unknown reason I did not write down the pass code, but I thought that I remembered what Nathan had used...I remembered several things that he had used. I guess I remembered one too many as I managed to disable the iPad. I have worked on how to do it and realized that I was going to have to call Nathan in...and, so far after he has "chatted" with three Apple tech reps...still not able to get it back open. He thinks that he needs a newer Apple computer than either of the ones he has and Melany has one...so...when they go to celebrate Christmas tomorrow with Melany and family, he will try, try, try again! I'm wondering, if a thief had my iPad, would the thief be able to get into it. It seems pretty well locked down to us...almost ridiculously so! Time will tell if Nathan will come back from Murfreesboro with my iPad working once again. As far as we can tell, when it does get back to working, we will be at square one...all the work of getting things up and running on my new iPad will have been for naught! Oh, well, I guess I am up for the challenge...again! So the start to the year technology-wise hasn't been the best! I just hate that I have to involve Nathan...it seems like I "should" be able to do this myself....but evidently not! I just made more of a mess of things with my trials and errors! Should have waited till this morning to see if Nathan remembered the pass code! Live and learn! I thought that I had written the pass code down...but obviously not any place that I could put my hands or eyes on it. Out of frustration, I decided to make use of some of my sourdough starter and made pizza with a sourdough crust...pretty good and leftovers for another meal or two. Leftovers are my friends! Woody has had a pretty quiet day. He is well into his dialsyis for today. He has enjoyed some football games while he has been connected...something to pass the time! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! For 'tis now the New Year and we want to put this pandemic behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment