Monday, January 18, 2021

He Marinated!

We got up "dark and early" this morning to head to Nashville for Woody's PET scan at Vanderbilt. The car pulled out of the driveway a little before 5am. We pulled up to the Vanderbilt valet parking in front of the hospital a little before 6:30. Radiology is right behind the waiting room in the hospital so that parking was very convenient for us. Woody chose to take his rolling walker today and it really helped his mobility, plus he had a seat if he needed to stop and rest. He got registered and we were sitting in the PET scan waiting room by 6:40. Things continued to go like clockwork. We hadn't been in the waiting room long before they called us back so they could inject him with the dye (which is okay for someone to have who is on dialysis). As the tech left us, she said that she was going to leave him to marinate for a while! I would say that he only marinated for half-hour to maybe 45 minutes before they took him to the room for the scan. She explained that their machine that they had been without for a while was back in commission and that this machine was much quicker than another. The scan probably only took 15 to 20 minutes. We were back on the road by 8:30 and home by 10! Probably thanks to it being Martin Luther King Day the early morning rush hour traffic wasn't bogged down like it so often is on our way to Vanderbilt. But it was still a five hour "ordeal"...most of which was driving. We were both very ready to get in the house and have breakfast and something to drink...in our rush I forgot to pick up the water I meant to take. Woody couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight. We had "brunch" after we got home...so our meals have been off the rest of the day! I was so tired and my back was hurting so much that after I got Woody connected for his dialysis for the day, I headed upstairs and landed in my chair and didn't stir for several hours...most of those I spent sleeping! I got up and headed down to make supper, but Woody said that he wanted one of his high protein shakes for supper...it wasn't hard to talk me into that! I did go on and make Sweet 'n Sour Chicken I had planned to make so it's all made for tomorrow and I did sample it for my supper tonight. Now I have the kitchen to face...hopefully my afternoon nap will see me through the task! Now...about tonight's photo...the other day I was playing with the photo editing on the new iPad and happened to slide one of the sliders a bit too much...but I decided that I liked the effect as it was a cold and snowy day and the trees looked so icy! The other new thing that I have discovered how to do with my Apple pencil is to add a signature to my photos...I don't want it to be too obvious, but I thought that I would like to sign the pictures that I post. I liked being able for it to be my actual signature. Now for some sad news...our dear friend, who was so sick with Covid 19 and was air flighted to Jackson, TN because there was no room at the hospital here in town, died yesterday afternoon. Three of his children were able to be with him while his daughter and wife remained here as they are both recovering from Covid. Sharing that remember...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment