Saturday, January 23, 2021

Seeing Red

Tonight's blog title refers to tonight's photos...this is a red farm...red house, red barn, red out buildings. We have had a pretty uneventful day. The good news is that Nathan did get to go home. I checked a few minutes ago and Kathy said that he was a totally different person than he was yesterday...laughing and eating...neither of which he had done a lot of the last several days. Good to hear that he is feeling better. Now on to healing and to feeling all the way better. Today we attended our first virtual funeral. It was held at our church, but for those who couldn't be there and for those who are still sheltering at home as much as possible they livestreamed it. We were so glad to be able to "be there" even when we weren't. I think that was probably the first time that our church had livestreamed a funeral service. It was sad to have to say good bye to a friend of more than 50 years due to Covid. The service was filled with many memories of his life. We will miss seeing his smiling face around the church. Today's cooking for me consisted of deciding that it was time to make something again with my sourdough starter...it was time. So I chose something that didn't take rising time. I made Cheese and Chive Sourdough Biscuits. They are very good along side a bowl of soup...and we had the soup! I just got finishd making up breakfast sausage for Woody...all the patties are cooked and now I will pop them in the freezer and freeze them and then put them in a ziplock bag all ready to pull out a couple when he wants them for breakfast...something to add to make his breakfast high protein. I'm taking a break before I finish cleaning up the kitchen...then it is recliner time for me! Woody's dialysis is going along per usual. The end of this treatment is almost in sight...still probably close to three hours more...but he has been connected for twice as long as he has left! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment