Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Just Another Day...

Days are once again just rolling into one another with hardly anything to differentiate them from any other day! I will give you a hint that there may be some new barn photos in a couple of days...if weather cooperates and everything else falls into place! I look back on the day and am not sure of what my accomplishments are...I did do one load of wash and it is put away. I continue to work on my iPad to get it back to being "mine." It is mostly back to where it was when I got it locked down, but there are still things to do to get it the way I want it. Woody had one outside of house errand: he went to get gas so we will be set to head off to the doctor in Franklin on Friday. I am working on getting ready to make a top for myself...working on making some alterations to accomodate my aging body shape! Not much fun...getting old or having to do these pattern adjustments! And, I should know not to try to get back to sewing...some other sewing project seems to always come on the scene when I do. My sister always says that she is glad that she doesn't sew so no one will ask her to help them with a sewing problem! I'm wishing that myself, as I have been asked to alter something...and I would much rather start from scratch than to have to alter what has already been sewn! But I will make an attempt to do this for our grandson's bride-to-be! Grammy to the rescue for the wedding dress. I always love how someone who doesn't sew much (Melany in this instance) can tell someone who does (me in this instance) that it won't be very hard! It is "only" to shorten the straps on the dress and shorten the dress...but the skirt has a train which the bride doesn't want because she thinks that our grandson just might step on it!!!!! Too funny! Anyyway...the question is could I bustle it? My answer: I will try. I don't want to wait too long to do this...the wedding is at the end of June...so I have a bit of time, but I want to wait a bit longer to try to see Covid being less a threat before I go to Melany's to start marking and pinning the dress! Then I will bring it here to do the altering. Time will tell how well this latest sewing challenge will go! Speaking of Melany and family we are planning to open our gifts from each other this Saturday via FaceTime...so our Christmas still isn't over. We sent their gifts from us with Nathan and family last weekend and Melany and family sent our gifts from them back with Nathan and family. I guess I can still say 'tis the season! We received our robotic Vanderbilt doctor appointment reminder this afternoon...hearing that voice made me know that we are back in the Vanderbilt loop! Our latest Covid report: Cheryl, my favorite and only sister, had a virtual doctor visit today. He has told her that she needs to quarantine for ten days because she had been at her daughter's house a certain number of days ago prior to any of their household having any symptoms. If she gets tested and tests negative then she can come out of quarantine. She plans to get tested tomorrow, I think. Arizona is at the top of the world's statistics for Covid at the moment! So...on that note...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment