Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Busy Tuesday

My favorite barn photos include a local geographic feature called the Highland Rim which is to the east of us a little...guess we are a part of it but when you travel just a bit farther to the east of Tullahoma all of a sudden this long flat blue rim shows up. I love to get it in my photos as I did in tonight's. I had a social studies major so land forms intrigue me! The rim isn't all the high...according to what I just read it isn't much over 1000 ft. but it is a part of the Cumberland Plateau which is a bit higher...known for some of its waterfalls. I have used my Apple pencil and outlined our county, Coffee, in red and added a black dot that represents approximately where we live...very close to Moore County, smallest county of TN's 95 counties and also Franklin County. The car wheels don't have to turn very many times to put us in Franklin County and not many more times to get us to Moore County. Our barn travels tend to cover Coffee and the surrounding counties. I am including a map that shows the counties that I know that we have ventured into on varioius barn trips over the years. I'll have to ask Marie if we have gone into the others that touch our county. So here is your geography lesson for today!
Today needed to be grocery shopping day since I was due to get groceries yesterday and I just wasn't up to it after our Nashville trip! So off I went this morning. I got back and it was time to set up Woody's dialysis treatment for today. First I brought the groceries in and then put away the cold and frozen items, got the machine set up and the solution warming, got Woody's lunch and put away the rest of the groceries. I got him connected and then I finally got to sit down and eat lunch and do a little more reading in a good e-book that I happened across that I am enjoying. Speaking of books, I got a call from the public library that they had books that I had requested ready for me to pick up...they are back to doing curb-side pickup once again...Woody had been missing getting books that way. I stopped on my way to Kroger and picked the books up. So Woody happily has some books that he was wanting to read. While I was eating lunch, I happened to see one of our former neighbor's vehicles. It was Abigail. She had been out running errands and stopped in to see us. We had a nice visit...we got caught up a bit! It was good to see her. We'll get to see her and the rest of the gang on Friday when we head their way to celebrate Joseph's birthday...he requested our presence at his celebration! After Abigail headed off, I got all the boxes that we had emptied this week in a pile...all knocked down and gathered the rest of what needed to be taken out to be picked up tomorrow...both recycle items and stuff to throw away in the trash can. Got the trash can rolled out to the curb and placed the stack of boxes out next to the trash can for the recycle folk. By the time all that was done, I was ready to head upstairs...my recliner was calling me big time! I meant to sit there and read...but my eyes closed and I slept till the alarm went off reminding me to take the medicine that I'm supposed to take a while before supper. Then I got the rice cooking to go with the Sweet 'n Sour Chicken that I made last night. I was so glad that I had made it last night and only had to reheat it tonight. We have had supper and that brings us to now...just have to put a couple of dishes in the dishwasher and make sure that all the food has been put away. Then I am through for the night. One of these days I will have time to put the boxes back in the Christmas closet...but so far neither the time nor inclination have happened! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! For I got more Covid news today...the son of a good friend in my Sunday School Class found out today that he has Covid-19...the pandemic news continues...the question is: "When will it end!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment