Thursday, January 21, 2021

Wait and See!

Some in our family may feel like a deer caught in the headlights! At the moment Nathan is in the local ER. He has been having pain, etc. due to his gall bladder for the last few days. Today he decided to cry uncle and go to the doctor. His doctor asked if he had decided that it was time for surgery! He also told him that the next attack could be mild or worse than the one that he was having now! The latter probably got his attention. He went home to wait on a call from the surgeon's office. But as the evening advanced the pain, etc. got worse so he chose to head to the ER. Nathan's doctor told them that he expects the hospital to keep him at least for the night. They are going to run tests for flu, strep, Covid and do a CT scan. So the wait and see game is on for Nathan and the rest of us. Woody is still in the wait and see game as we still haven't heard from the surgeon. The tech where he got the PET scan told him to call if we hadn't heard anything by tomorrow...not sure who we are to call...surgeon or radiology...and if radiology have no idea what number we would call! Details! I just keep hoping that we will hear from the surgeon and that we won't have to call whoever we are supposed to! Now to update the earlier part of our day. Woody got a very good report from Dr. O. He said that things were going along well with the dialysis. So we are to just keep on doing what we have been doing. The one change may be with one of his blood pressure meds. He has started to have tremors in his hands and the doctor decided to try a new blood pressure med to see if that would solve the problem. I guess we are supposed to check on that at the pharmacy tomorrow...too many things to have to check on! The appointment at Fresenius Kidney Center was very short. After the appointment, I had Woody take me to Kroger to pick up the one item, that I know of, that I forgot to get on Tuesday. Then we came back home and have just gone on in our normal routine...Woody is well underway with today's dialysis...still about an hour or so in the third cycle and then one more to go for tonight. He should be finished 10ish per usual. I have taken on a sewing project that some probably would roll their eyes at, like my sister, Cheryl! I have turned the collars on two of Woody's very old, but favorite corduroy shirts. Not many do such things these days...but in the "good ol' days" wives used to do this to the collars and cuffs on their husbands shirts. This adds some more wear time to well worn shirts! I have made several shirts for Woody from scratch so I know how the collar is attached and this is not a hard task. I had done it i the past on another of Woody's favorite shirts. He likes to wear these under a sweatshirt and they are the perfect weight ad are soft and and not too thick...new would just not be as comfortable as these old ones...so...I decided that I would "fix" these and give them a bit more wear. I know that Woody doesn't care that they show the wear on the collars, but he can't see what they look like and I can...so it makes me feel better to fix them. Two are fixed and there is one more to fix...but he is wearing it so...I will capture it from the dryer the next time I wash and fix that one too. I guess it is time to unload the dishwasher so I can load up the dirty that are sittig on the counter waiting to be put in! Hope that you aren't having to play the waiting game! I'm afraid that the waiting game is going to change plans for Joseph's birthday celebration tomorrow. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment