Saturday, January 16, 2021

I Am So Excited!

First my keyboard came today even though the email said Monday! Good surprise! Nathan was here so he got it set up for me...nothing to it. It is up and running. My one wish now that I have the new iPad and keyboard and pencil was: "If only I could actually blog from it rather than on our old laptop! Something came up on the screen today when I was "playing" with my new toys and it made me realize that perhaps I just might be able to blog if I downloaded an app that was a different server than Apple's Safari. We had to download firefox/mozilla on the laptop for me to be able to blog on that computer. Mozilla and Foxfire happened to come up as a suggestion for something that I was looking at so it made me think..."maybe!" So I got started on the blog a little later tonight because I downloaded the foxfire app and then it took me a while to get it to accept my email address and password (a problem that I have with Google because I once put in wrong address and it will not forget nor delete that address). Anyway, I jumped through a few hoops and held my mouth just right and...low and behold...I am composing tonight's blog from my new iPad using my new keyboard. What you have is a happy camper here! I am having trouble with my photography software on the laptop, but here on iPad I can mess around and make them look like I want...tricks of a photographer's trade...making the photos look better than they really are! Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone that I told you that little secret! Nathan came over this morning to work on putting a TV up in my sewing room. This TV will only play DVDs and the Roku channels as we don't have any other connections to our antenna except for the famiy room/Woody's room. I do like to have some noise going on when I am sewing. I had a teeny tiny tv that had been Woody's mother's when she lived in assissted living. I used it only with a dvd player which was fine with me...the main problem was its height...I had to look thrugh and around the sewing equipment that was between me and the tv. So I am glad to have this one up on the wall beyond all that mess. I haven't done anything with it since he left because I have been playing with my other toys! I am so happy to be getting used to this keyboard...still lots of symbols on the keys that I have no idea what they do, but the main part works great...so good to be touch typing once again! I also really like the Apple pencil...you may be seeing some of its creativity one of these days on some of my photos...still learning with it too. Woody has had a quiet day...mainly in his chair. He got a thick envelope from Vanderbilt today...some kind of survey. He also checked out some of the Roku channels on the TV after Nathan showed him a couple of things about it. He watched a couple of game shows on one of the channels and then looked around to see what else there was and then went back to regular antenna channels to watch football and maybe some basketball. His dialysis is well under way...I haven't looked at his machine in a while, but I am figuring by the time that he is well into the fourth/final cycle for today. Back to surprises...I guess I found out that FedEx does deliver on Saturday...Nathan said they had to in order to compete with other mail delivery companies and the U.S. Post Office. Anyway, I knew last night that the cord was going to come today and was a bit disappointed that they still had the keyboard for delivery on Monday. But when the doorbell rang...both packages were there. So all my Christmas from Woody has arrived...and two of the packages were only a day later than I was originally told. Later this afternoon when I went out to check the mail, I found another box on the front porch, also delivered by FedEx. Neither of us had any idea what it might be and the return address wasn't any help either. Woody opened it and discovered some protein bars that Fresenius had sent. He qualifies to get a certain amount of protein supplements each month. The nutritionist had mentioned protein bars, but we had both forgotten about them...after all it has been a month since we saw her. But that was another surprise. So good day all around...I guess when you look at surprises. On that note I will close...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment