Saturday, January 2, 2021

Sourdough Day

Last night before I left the kitchen I put together the ingredients for Sourdough English Muffins. These ingredients are to sit out on the counter overnight or for at least eight hours. This morning I added the rest of the ingredients called for and got them rolled and cut out so they could rise. Since they use no yeast, I let them rise for quite a while. After I got Woody connected to his dialysis machine at 1pm, I got the griddle ready to cook them. I also made a batch of sourdough waffles. So I am fixed for breakfast items for a while. I put them in the freezer and then thaw and toast them when I want them for breakfast. I am thinking about going downstairs when I am finished with the blog and making a recipe of French Toast for Woody's breakfast. That way it will be ready for Woody whether I am up or not! Nathan and family went to Melany's today to celebrate Christmas. Nathan also used Melany's up-to-date Apple Mac to "fix" my iPad. The procedure went quickly on Melany's computer. I have now what you can call a "new iPad." One that needs to be set up from ground zero. I have started to set it up, but have come to a screen that says that if "this problem presists," I need to connect it to a Apple product in order to proceed...well...maybe back to square one...again?!? It does to wait a while and try again...so I will do that...but am really not too hopeful at this point! A warning...be sure to write down the pass code!!!!! And, if you forget don't keep trying with codes that you think it might be! Sounds like Nathan and Kathy and family had fun with the Proctors. I know that they had good eats as Melany sent us some of their bountiful Mexican repast! Yummy! Woody has had a quiet day watching basketball and football. I spent most of my day in the kitchen either cooking or cleaning! I'm ready for my recliner, but I do think that I will go down and make the French toast so I don't have to get up and make it in the morning. And, maybe I will try one more time to get my iPad back to functioning without having to connect to a device that I can't connect to here! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment