Thursday, January 14, 2021

Discoveries

Tonight's photos are my favorites of the livestock that we saw on our first barn trip of the year. I like the horse photo enough that at the moment it is the picture I used for the wallpaper on my iPad screen. Now on to my discoveries of the day...first I have learned that I have enough gift bags to open a store! I decided that it was time to go through the gift bags and other Christmas wrapping materials and dispose of some and consolidate the rest. It was quite a job...I grabbed the little wooden stool that I have in the kitchen and set up shop in the hallway upstairs where all the wrapping mess was. I went through everything...tissue, boxes, bows, and bags. I sorted the bags by size and put them into several other bags and then put those bags into one large bag. Lots of tissue paper and torn and otherwise messed up bags found their way to file thirteen! I rarely use boxes these days and was tempted to get rid of the boxes...but didn't at least not at this point...still might when it comes to putting them back into the closet. The major discovery of the day happened when I was going through one of the large bags that other bags were stored in...I found the two 2020 calendars that I received for Chritmas 2019. We opened gifts at Nathan and Kathy's and then loaded up things to bring them home. I didn't miss the calendars till it was time to put them up and had no idea where they might be...after looking in logical places I decided that they probably got thrown out with the wrapping...that they had probably landed in a box since they were flat and that wrapping got tossed in on top of them and out they went with the trash. But...no...they came home in a gift bag that some of the empty gift bags came home in also...got put away with other gift bags and weren't unearthed until...today! I also found a candy cane ornament that Esther made for me and a mechanical pencil that Esther also gave me. I had Kathy reorder me the photo calendar that they gave me...so I had that one to use. But...the traditional kitchen calendar gift from Cheryl didn't get used...it was birdhouses. I will look at all the pictures in a while! I found a barn calendar that I used last year in the kitchen. I missed the nice quality of the calendars that she always gives me...but was "sort of" happy since I had found one with barns. This year Cheryl and I decided not to exchange gifts due to Covid. So I was responsible for the kitchen calendar. I found one of the good quality ones at our local pharmacy...it is a barn calendar...I like this one much better than the one that I bought because I "lost" the one Cheryl had given me! It's funny how things turn up sometimes! I definitely wasn't expecting to find anything but wrapping material when I decided to do that sorting job. My goal of the day was just met...I have all the decorations upstairs in the hall waiting to be packed back into the Christmas closet. The last thing I did just a few minutes before I came in here to blog was to close the flaps on the Christmas tree box...with the Christmas tree safely back in it. It is already in the closet...and I put the first box back on top of it to keep the flaps closed. Now to get the living room and dining room back to preChristmas decor! Another day! I decided that today was going to be the day to order the accessories that I want for my iPad...well, when I went to the online Apple Store, the keyboard case that I wanted was no longer in stock and it wouldn't be shipped for ten to twelve weeks! That didn't sound so good to me...so I went looking elsewhere and found exactly what I wanted at Best Buy. The best thing about this order is that it is supposed to be delivered TOMORROW! We'll see if that happens, but even if it isn't delivered till next week, it will beat 10 to 12 weeks by a lot! Woody has had a quiet day...he spent part of the morning upstairs working on the laptop and then he has spent the afternoon and evening connected to his dialysis cycler machine...a pretty typical day for him these days. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment