Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Another Busy Day

There seem to bee too many busy days for us these days! Once again Woody needed to be out and about fairly early. Today was his fourth Keytruda infusion plus labs and seeing the oncologist. Today was a little less hectic as he had an 8:45am appointment, as he did yesterday, but this time the appointment was less than 10 minutes away from our house...his appointments being in town helps out a lot. Not long after Woody headed off for his appointment, I headed out the door, as Donna and I worked in the church library this morning for a couple of hours. Woody was home when I got home and it was time for lunch. We both had lunch and then I headed out again to grt my hair cut. I realized that my next haircut (5 weeks away) will be my "wedding haircut," as the wedding will be a little over a week away. Instead of heading straight home, I made a stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up some embroidery floss and "just" to look around...well, I walked out with a few more things than embroidery floss (unlike my first visit to Hobby Lobby). I hadn't seen patterns for 99 cents in ages. When we had a Hancock's Fabric in town, I always enjoyed their $1 pattern sales. I found a pattern for me and another doll pattern to add to my already large collection. The mail brought the pattern that I bought to make what I am going to wear to Alex and Brooke's wedding. So that is in my possession...now for the fabric to get here. I'm wondering what this "gasoline situation" is going to do to our mail deliveries which are already slow. But there is still time! I will study the pattern and figure out the fit while I wait for the fabric. Meanwhile I will get Brooke's wedding gown finished...wont start messing with mine till hers is finished. I did head into the sewingnroom a little while ago and hemmed the skirt by machine. The hem needs a light press and it will be done. Tomorrow I will tackle the underskirt...once that is done...my wedding gown duty will be done! I also stitched on my sampler a little this afternoon. Yesterday I picked up the medicine that my dermatologist prescribed, but the insurance needed to preapprove it. Finally it is in my hands. The doctor told me I would sleep when taking it and sleep I did...withing 10-15 minutes after taking it I was drifting off. I decided that I had better take it even though twas mainly for itching...it is a strong antihistimine...I am not currently itchy...BUT three days ago the rash started to come back on my legs. I am still taking prednisone and haven't started tapering off dosage...whenn I taper off is when the rash and then the itching have come back in the past...so it doesn't seemn like a good omen to have the rash already coming back! I start tapering off on the prednisone tomorrow. So we will see what happens next! I'm hoping that taking the antihistimine will lessen the rash that has already appeared and maybe stop more from coming and keep the itching at bay! Time will tell. Woody has also been having trouble sleeping so he decided tonsee if Melatonin will help him. He said that he did have a better sleep last night. So I guess I can say that we are sleeping better! Woody talked a little more with his Tullahoma oncologist today. The surgeon had mentioned concern about Woody's thyroid...that is monitored closely when taking Keytruda...and, oncologist said that what they test is in the good range. The doctor also looked at the two Melanoma places on Woody's arm that hafe popped up since surgery. They will keep an eye on their size to know if they are growing or shrinking. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment