Saturday, May 8, 2021

Busy but Quiet Day

Tonight's photo shows the rose bush that friends gave me years ago in memory of Mother. It is just beautiful at the moment. I think that it is so neat that it starts blooming right around Mother's Day. Today has been a busy but quiet day. The only time that I have gone outside is to take a bag of used medical supplies out to the garbage can and then check the mail. I haven't stitched since last night as I needed to do some other things. I plan to stitch this evening for a while once I get Woody's nightly dialysis treatment going. I did get more of the alphabet in last night so made some progress. I cooked all the sausage this morning and then froze the patties...all ready for several weeks of breakfasts. Then I had to clean up the kitchen...really not a very bad job...especially since I had to do it in the morning rather than at night when I am already tired. Then it was time to finalize the Sunday School lesson. Woody spent some time upstairs working on the computer on one thing and another...Sunday School lesson, crossword puzzles, Cardinal baseball information, etc. I thought that I might work some on Brooke's wedding dress, but the time was just never right. And, this evening I am too tired to try to start working on it...maybe tomorrow afternoon? I did get an email confirmation yesterday saying that my first order had been cancelled and the second order received. I noticed a little while ago that the Credit Union has posted the correct amount for the correct amount of fabric...progress...I'm guessing that means that perhaps it will be shipped the first of the week...hope so. I decided to make Mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans. This time I have soaked the beans during the day and will let them sloooooow cook all night. Doing it this way mainly because I forgot to start soaking the beans last night. Once they have soaked 8 hours...a little before 8pm, I will then have to let them simmer for 1-1/2 hours on top of the stove. Then it will be time to mix them together with the rest of the ingredients and pop them in the oven and figure when they should be ready to come out...need to see if I need to set the self-shut off...I don't think that I will need to. I've never used that feature on the stove...so might need to study "how-to" if I do end up needing to! I hope all the mothers reading this have a very happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Be safe! Be well! Be Cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment