Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Cinco de Mayo

I've had a lazy day. I stitched a little and read a little and sat on the front porch and took bird pics. Tonight's collage is a study of a robin who sat for a long time on the same branch and let me take his picture with the 4K photo setting...so I got to pick and choose which ones I wanted to use out of the series that I took. I did have two cooking sessions...one to make Woody a new batch of high protein pancakes. And, then I decided to make a new recipe that I adapted from an old cookbook: Poor Man's Stroganoff...I made it into a casserole with bow tie pasta rather than noodles. I liked it and Woody even had a small portion of it for supper. This afternoon I had a nice front-porch visit with a friend. Yesterday's rain cooled things down once again, but still very pleasant to sit on the front porch and talk. Thanks for stopping by, Jo! Woody continued to work on his Sunday School lesson...one of the things that he used the computer for along with his daily crossword puzzles and checking on how the Cardinals are doing. I also worked on the Sunday School lesson for my class for this Sunday. I had to be quiet about working on it, as Marie didnt know that she wasnt going to teach this week...it was a Mother's Day surprise from her husband. He arranged for me to teach when he saw me at the party on Saturday. Marie now knows, as she called this afternoon to be sure that I was going to teach. It is going to be strange to teach the class after more than a year...one more thing that "says" normalcy is returning to our routines! The dryer buzzed...one thing I did around the house today...one load of wash...washed and dried...now to put them away...that job never went away! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Wonder when I will feel it is time to stop saying that!? Not quite yet!) Oh, and, my package is still wandering around put there somewhere...though, I was "told" today that it had made it Nashville...I would think that it would get here tomorrow being so close...BUT I wont hold my breath...Tullahoma's mail is usually routed through Chattanooga...so may have one more stop before actually heading my way. Patience...grrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment