Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Hemodialysis Has Begun

I "think" that I have the finished sampler pictured tonight...working with thumbnail photos makes it hard to pick the right one sometimes...and that happened last night. The other photos last night were close-ups of the places that I put charms on. Okay what you really want to know...what is going on with Woody today! And, I say...not sure that anyone knows. He did get set up for his first hemodialysis treatment and had it this afternoon...just a partial treatment. He has also been given an appointment for Friday...earlier in the day, so I am guessing that it will be for a longer time. The hemo nurses were trying to figure out why he was there. They seemed to think that it was just a temporary "thing" till he goes back on Peritoneal Dialysis. And, even his PD nurse thought that might happen. He said that sometimes people have the leaks fixed and then go back on PD. I have not a clue. I did cancel the order for supplies that is due to be delivered next week. But I was told by his PD nurse not to schedule the pick up cycler machine and other supplies until we know for sure what is going on. I feel like we are in no-man's land...don't know what we are doing nor does anyone else seem to know. I wish that we could talk to Dr. O! I'm guessing that he doesn't know for sure what is going on either! We will just take it one day at a time and maybe eventually he will fit either into the round or square hole!!! He felt like he was on the machine at the clinic for a very long time...and it was only a partial treatment. Also he was very surprised at how zapped of energy he felt after. He made it inside but was really glad to "land" in his chair and cover up with one of his fleece throws. Who knows why...but Woody was hot this morning...he is never hot these days! He even asked me to turn on the air conditioning early this morning...another unheard thing! And, he had me find his shorts...it has been more than a year since he wore shorts last. I told him this morning that he would probably want to change back into his sweat pants before going for dialysis. But he insisted he wouldn't need to...guess he doesn't remember how cold we were at the other end of this same building when we were in training. I also tried to get him to take a throw...again, he said that he wouldn't need it...so...he got cold! He came in our house and mentioned how cold it was inside and headed straight for his recliner and grabbed a throw as soon as he settled into the chair. He just said that he is learning! No comment on my part (rolling my eyes)! First thing this morning, I called to get the dialysis treatment set up. Woody's nurse said that he would call me back with day and time of the first treatment. I gave him my cell number as I was going out to breakfast with Jo and Carolyn. And, I did get a call during breakfast. But I am glad that I was able to go and not have to stay home waiting on an appointment. About my cell phone...I still am a hold out for a smart phone...I am very happy with my slide-phone! But I don't use it like everyone uses their smart phones. I usually only take it with me when I am leaving town...trying to be better about taking it with me when I am out and about in town. But I don't often give out that number so in the 10 months that we have been affiliated with Fresenius Kidney Center, I had only given them our home humber...yesterday I realized that if they had my cell number I could have made the appointment they rather than having to call first thing this morning...reason that I thought to give him the number this morning. Donna and I had changed back to working in the library after lunch today since I had made plans for this morning. But in the end since our work time would have just started an hour before I needed to take Woody to dialysis, we postponed it till next week. We have an order of new books that we will be working on...fun part of our library job...that and getting to choose the books we order! I can only imagine how worn out Woody must be...just a day after surgery, his first hemo treatment...so having to make the effort to move and get out of the house. I know that I am feeling very worn out and I didn't have all that done to me! Nathan stopped by and helped Woody get into the car. Woody is still having trouble turning his neck after surgery so he "allowed" me to drive him to and from treatments! Woody talked Nathan into taking our green car and having two grandchildren wash the car for a "cash reward." Nathan did that and brought it back to us on his way out of town to do some Wednesday night preaching at a little country church on down the road a ways. Melany and Wade are coming on Saturday to help out our over-grown-with-weeds gardens. So lots going on around here. We just live here and watch all the comings and goings and once in a while do a little going ourselves! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment