Tuesday, May 18, 2021

It's a Matter of Perspective

Tonight's photos all show different perspectives along the road that we travelled home today. I'm not sure which order they loaded in so I will just type about them blindly! The one that I planned to be first is nursery in Murfreesboro. Today I just realized that the front greenhouse is attacked to an old barn...I hadn't realized that before...or at least today was the first time that it registered with me. I knew that there was a barn-shaped structure that was part of the building that houses the nursery, but hadn't realized that they had utilized a standing barn. Then there is the one lane bridge that we cross when we go this way...it doesn't look all that narrow from this viewpoint...but it is...today we had to wait for a car to cross that was coming towards us before we could cross the bridge. The other is one of my favorite perspective photos...at the point that it looks like the railroad track and the road "V" into each other...but we run parallel most of the way back home from this point on. Woody did get home rather late from last night's ball game so we were more than an hour later than we usually start his dialysis. But we still had time to get him disconnected and have time to have breakfast and get ready to go to my dermatologist appointment. We headed off a little before 9 and got to the appointment a little early. I was called in almost immediately and the doctor came in very shortly after that. I was back in the car by 10:15. We came home the backroad and stopped at the Credit Union to get a birthday present and were still home around 11:30. It was about 2 hours of travel for a 15 minute appointment...if that. The doctor and I are both hopeful that since the only place that the rash has shown back up at this point is on my lower legs (the last place that it showed up the first time) that it is hopefully on its way out of my system. She wants me to finish tapering off the prednisone...which I will be finished with next week. In the meanwhile she prescribed a different steroid ointment...I'm guessing stronger than what she prescribed the last time...I know more expensive! It is one that I had a message from my insurance that they had approved it...but also a message from the pharmacy to please call them. The reason for the call...the expense...they needed me to okay it before they filled it! $140 for a medium-sized tube...surely the cost, if nothing else, will make it effective!?! I am to apply it to the area that is broken out twice a day till I go back to see her. The doctor said that if I do that she is pretty sure that it will be gone when I go back...crossing my fingers...but not holding my breath! For supper tonight, Woody decided that the soup that I made on Sunday sounded good to him...so he actually ate a regular size bowl for supper...more than his usual two spoonfuls! He said that he felt like he needed more variety...glad he has come to that conclusion...on his own! Neither of us felt like doing much this afternoon after our morning outing. Woody thinks that he may have somehow pulled a muscle...so was glad to just sit in his recliner this afternoon and evening hoping to find comfortable positions! I did manage to get all the trash taken out including multiple boxes that I collapse for recycle, other recycle items...always quite a feat getting it all taken out to the curb! This is a busy week for us,,,my appointment today...an appointment for Woody on Thursday...tomorrow I have to order dialysis supplies AND we have a birthday to celebrate...more on that tomorrow...till then...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment