Saturday, May 29, 2021

Garden Elves Visited Us and Worked Their Magic!

Melany and Wade showed up early this morning and just left about an hour ago. And, did they ever put in the work today! Three gardens pretty much finished. Melany will be back this coming week to do some more...a glutten for punishment!!!!! They brought us sooooooo many new plants...oh, my! One thing they are trying to do is have it all pretty when Aunty Cheryl comes...so we can enjoy the pretty gardens while we sit on the porch. Our lunch was delicious...they brought some and I made some...quite a feast of salads. Today was not a hot day by any means...stayed in the lower 60s all day...cool, but still better than havinng the hot sun beating down on them...and Mr. Sun never showed his shiny face at all today...overcast all day. After lunch, they went back to work and I worked on cleaning up the kitchen and then made a sheet cake. They brought strawberries all hulled and Woody loves this recipe for a yellow cake when it is topped with strawberries along a scoop or two of ice cream. So after all their work was complete they came in and we had dessert. It was really time for supper...but we were all in the mood for dessert. Woody really enjoyed that. Woody also enjoyed the layered salad that they brought. He had several small helpings of that after they left. I am pretty tired and I hardly did anything in the yard...I did do a little, but not enough to make me tired. I guess the cooking did me in! We also had a nice visit even though they worked just about every minute they were here, except when they were eating. Melany just texted me that they were home safely. Now...the big task...the task of keeping all these beautiful plants alive! My thumb just isn't the greenest...they say that if I just water they will be fine...I will try! They brought me a new bird feeder, too...and some seeds...our birdies are very happy! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment