Saturday, May 1, 2021

A Beautiful Day to Party!

We couldn't have asked for better weather for a day to celebrate a young couple's marriage. Today's party honored them in their marriage and also in their plans in the future to go on the mission field together. Eric has spent many years on the mission field in Southeast Asia so we had several tables with displays of things from that area. Today was really the first time that we have had a party like this...seems like we are returning more to normal. It was so good to see friends who we hadn't literally seen in more than a year. In some ways it did seem normal and then in others it was sort of surreal to be back together again! However we look at it, it was good to be together again and getting to honor this young couple. We wrote marital advice on cards for them and we also were given the opportunity to fill one of the cages with monetary gifts to help "feather their nest" here and when they head off to the mission field. We had an enjoyable afternoon wishing them "love for a lifetime." Yesterday I got distracted from the blog and when I got back to it, I just hurriedly posted. After I posted I realized that I didnt give credit where credit was due! When I came home from picking up the tablecloths, Nathan was here. He spent several hours here helping out in the yard. He got rid of a lot of dead branches...along with one branch that was the size of a tree that had fallen during one of our storms...perhaps the ice storm. He also mowed the lawn and helped me clean off the back patio. He more than earned his lunch! Today I left Woody to fend for himself while I partied...seems that he managed quite well! Now it is time to get his dialysis set up...so be safe...be well...be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment