Monday, May 3, 2021

The Lull Between the Storms

We got some rain in the night and then the day has mostly windy and cloudy and then cleared off, but stronger stuff is supposed to be coming. My main goal of the day was to get the tablecloths we used at the party back to the church. I accomplished that task and then went to Lowes. It has been pointed out to me by a dear friend/blog reader that we have a hill of fire ants. I went to buy what she recommended to me to get rid of the ants or at least have them move on, and also to get some plant food and a small bag of potting soil. That task got accomplished too. i decided that the breezy and overcast conditons were good for me to do a little gardening. Gardening is not my cup of tea...but I did do a little weeding and a little transplanting...enough to get dirt under my fingernails. I moved some of the herbs in the kitchen hydroponic garden out to my raised herb garden...I also planted a little of the lemon thyme that grows in the large front garden. I repotted a plant that I got for Christmas...and that was enough for today! I discovered that a rascally squirrel hadn't been fooled by the label on the "bucket" that I keep the birdseed in...it says it is kitty litter...but he didn't believe that label and had started gnawing through the snap-on top and the edge of the container. He hadn't gotten in it so I have further deterred him by moving it inside. I did fill the bird feeder before taking it in. I also saw my first hummingbird for this year. So I filled our hummingbird feeder. I think he was looking for our feeder...he sat on one of the bird feeders and looked and then flew off. Hope he comes back to check again tomorrow! Woody just got home from his Monday night Prayer meeting so I guess it is time to head in and make him his shake. I'll end on a Covid note...one of our youth at church has tested positive for Covid...it isnt behind us...yet! so...be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment