Thursday, May 13, 2021

Elijah for the Save!

I was given quite a show tonight for the first time that I have been able to attend one of Elijah's baseball games this season. What a game! And, in the end Elijah's team won 11-4 and he was the relief/closing pitcher. He did a great job with the batters that he faced. Game well played! The game went into an extra inning so lasted about a half hour longer than usual. When we got home, I had to get Woody some supper (me too...sort of...if fresh baked cookies count!) and then get his dialysis treatment set up. He is all connected to his machine now and we were only about 15 minutes later than usual...not too bad! After I got everything set up and was waiting for the dialysis solution to warm up, I baked the cookies that I had put together this morning and hadn't had a chance to bake yet. Before I went to the grocery store, I cleaned out the refrigerator and wiped off the shelves since the "cupboard" was almost bare! There were two bananas in there that needed to be baked into something. So I decide to make one of my mother's cookie recipes: Banana Softies...I put a new, at least for me, twist on them and added some chocolate chips. I have taste tested and they meet my approval. After getting the cookie dough chilling in the refrigerator thiw morning, I headed off to the grocery store. I got that deed done and came home to put away all the food. I rested a bit and before I knew it it was time to head to the game. So it has been a full day and I'm a bit tired...I have a little more to do in the kitchen and then I am through for the night. I talked to Melany this afternoon and she and Brooke plan to come Saturday afternoon to get the wedding dress...guess that means that I need to get that under hem done! I have hardly had time to even think about working on it today. Tomorrow is a stay-at-home day so hopefully I can get the wedding dress done and do several other things around here that have been neglected. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment