Friday, May 7, 2021

Finally Arrived...Plotting Has Begun!

The mailman finally left in our mailbox what I had been waiting for! It was about time! The waiting was worth it. I like all the pieces of linen/evenweave that I got. I bought two pieces with definite projects in mind. They both needed to be a specific count as they have charms and buttons to be added at the end and they won't fit unless the pieces are stitched on the called-for thread count. I feel like I am making huge x's compared to what I have been working..I still prefer the linen with very high thread count, but glad to be doing this even though the x's look so very big. The linen that I have chosen is 28 count and I stitch over two threads so that makes it equivilant to 14 count...in other words there are 14 x's in an inch. The "species" piece that I did with all the animals was on 40 count linen, again, over two. so that made it 20 x's in an inch...so there is quite a bit of difference in stiitching 20 of something to make up an inch than in stitching 14 = 6 x's! Anyway, I am just happy to be finally able to stitch on it. Shortly after the package arrived, I pressed the linen for this sampler and then sewed the linen ends to the scroll bars. Then I tightened up the fabric on the scroll frame and started plotting in the grid for the outlines of the sampler and the inside grid. At this point I have put in 1/2 a cross stitch across the top of the sampler...crossing the stitch ever ten stitches...a way to make the counting easier and less likely to make a mistake. I will go back at a later time and finish the x's. I plotted in the top middle rectangle on the inside so I could start the alphabet...so there you have what I have stitched so far...part of the outside border and the inside grid and ABC. The name of this sampler is "Contented House Sampler." I will say that I am much more content now that I have finally gotten started stitching on it! Along with cross stitch, I began planning a sewing project. I decided that I want to make myself something to wear to Alex's wedding next month. And, with the way this linen took its sweet time making it to my house, I realized that I had better get going and make decisions and order so it can get on its way here. I had been looking at patterns online for a while and finally decided the other day what style I wanted so then started really looking through patterns on the internet. I found exactly, I hope, the one that I wanted so ordered it from Etsy (a new experince for me...have never done that before.) I receved word several hours after ordering that it is already on the way. We'll see how long it takes to get from PA! Pattern decided meant that it was time to order fabric. Again, I ordered from some place new...from a designer of patterns who also sells fabric...very nice fabric...and once in a while it is nice to order the "good stuff!" And, yes, there is a difference when sewing on really nice compared to just ordinary run of the mill fabric. I found one that I really liked and the reason that I hopped on going on and purchasing was two-fold...1) need to get it here and it is coming from Oregon and 2) she is running a special 30% off for Mothers' Day weekend...wanted that 30%. So I bit the bullet and ordered...but my brain didn't figure correctly for the amount to get...my brain is used to ordering in yard increments...for this order, was to order in 1/2 yd. increments...not sure why...easier for them to figure 1/2 yard amounts...makes one not realize how expensive the fabric is? Who knows...but I knew that I was to order in 1/2 yard increments, but my brain just wouldn't figure it that way...so I realized what I had done after I ordered...but small enough company that it was easily rectified...first order has been cancelled and I put in my order for the correct amount and, hopefully, all is right in my sewing part of the world! This order is motivation to get to work on Brooke's wedding dress alterations so when the fabric comes I can get started on my outfit. I hope that my sewing mojo comes back...it had better! This morning I got the sewing room ready to have a wedding dress come into it and be worked on. The first thing that I will do is alter the straps which means taking some beading off them...I am so afraid that I will start clipping the first thread to remove beads and I will end up with too many coming off...planning in my head how to keep that from happening! I will do that in the sewing room in my sewing chair and use the Dazor magnifier light that I have in there. I have a dazor lamp next to my recliner also...but if beads should start popping off I think I would lose them in my chair, whereas in the sewing chair and on the floor in sewing room I would have a better chance of retrieving them! At least the cleaning is a start to beginning the wedding dress work...so one step in the right direction! And, I'm thinking through the process of what I will have to do and how to do it...so another step in the right direction! This morning Woody had an appointment at Fresenius Kidney Care Center to see his nurse. This is a preliminary appointment before he sees Dr. O. in two weeks. They do blood work labs and get the information from the thumb drive that is plugged into the dialysis cycler machine and also get the pages of vitals that we keep between each two week visit. Every treatment we have to take his blood pressure and pulse before and after treatments, his temperature before, his weight before and after and other information about each treatment...how much ultra filtration and information about how the site on his abdoman where the catheter is doing (that has to be cleaned and dressed every day after his treatment is finished). They gather all that information and then I guess it has to be charted...his nurse said that was what he would be doing after we left. This appointment never takes long. His appointment was at 11 and we got there a little before and we were home by 11:30. Not a bad appointment...just that it takes the effort to get there and back! I am now heading downstairs to make up a recipe of breakfast sausage. I had to go get ground pork at the store yesterday as they didn't have any the day I shopped last week. But we are now good to go. I gathered all the ingredients before I came up to blog, now I will go down and mix them together and then cook them and then freeze them...I "might" just put the ingredients together tonight and then cook them in the morning...not sure that I want to clean up the kitchen/stove this evening...think that I might rather be fresh in the morning when I need to do that task! I have also worked on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday...need to finalize that...soon! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Sorry for all the typos tonight...I started out without the real keyboard...shouldn't have! I will try to fix at least the worst, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment