Friday, May 28, 2021

Another Hemodialysis Afternoon

The day started off with me making high protein pancakes for Woody. I have been doing a little of this and a little of that getting ready for Melany and Wade to come tomorrow. They are coming to work in our gardens. They are making part of tomorrow's lunch and I am making part of it. I have a tuna salad and a chicken salad made. Tomorrow I will make chive and cheddar sour dough biscuits. Woody left for his 2nd hemodialysis treatment a little before noon. He got home around five. He said it was a long afternoon. Once again he came home really zapped of all energy. He still doesnt have enough energy to have supper...his high protein shake. What he learned today...that for the time being he will continue with hemodialysis. They told him that they would have his PD nurse come in and talk to him, but he never did come in. Woody did drive himself to and from his treatment today. He tested out his ability to drive this morning when he went to get a haircut...and, he said that he had no problems. This afternoon was supposed to be stormy so he felt that the less trips in the car the better. We did have rain (good for tomorrow's weeding efforts!) but no heavy storms. I heard that there was a a tornado in the county where Melany and Nathan went to college. While Woody was at dialysis, I vacuumed the family room...aka Woody's room. And, I also did several loads of wash and made tomorrow's salads. I'm ready to plop in my recliner...now if I could just get Woody interested in supper! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment