Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday...Again!

Wasn't it just Monday a couple of days ago! The days pass by faster and faster these days...is that another sign of my age?!? Today has been fairly busy. I needed to get soe things done as the rest of the week is lining up with appointments and other things on the calendar that will pull us out of the house for at least part of the day...mainly mornings. I have attempted to catch up on the wash...many trips up and down the stairs taking loads down to wash and then the reverse to put them away. My last two laundry trips mark the start of a sewing project...what I hope to wear to Alex and Brooke's wedding...one piece is out of the dryer and the other still wasn't dry when I checked last...will check when I head down in a few minutes to set up Woody's dialysis treatment. Woody has gone to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting and then he will go on to Elijah's game. I'm going to get tonight's treatment set up so that when he returns we can get him connected for tonight's treatment. It doesn't need to get started late tonight as we do have to be up and out of here in the morning for my next dermatologist appointment. It shouldn't be a problem as I made sure that they didn't give me an extra early appointment...mid morning should be doable to get him disconnected and fed breakfast before we need to head off. Yesterday I did quite a bit of cooking as the cupboard aka refrigerator was pretty bare of choices to eat. Woody still isn't very interested in food...but I decided to make a couple of things that I enjoy...and if he is tempted then fine...so far he hasn't been tempted. Today I decided to make myself a treat. When I made Woody a banana cream pie, I thought that a chocolate cream pie sounded good. And, that is what I made today...was "needing" some chocolate! That treat is definitely mine as Woody does not like chocolate. I had a sliver this afternoon...pretty good! Along with all the wash, I have made a book order for the church library...first time doing that in over a year...seems normal but at the same time to be getting back to doing these "normal things" seems strange! Report on my reaction to the Covid vaccine...still not totally free of the reaction. I am tapering off the Prednisone. So far "almost" so good...not itching, arms and hands are free of the "rash" as are my feet...BUT my lower legs still have red places on them from the ankle to 4 or 5 inches above the ankle...at this point the rash is not itching...a good thing if I still have to have the rash! I am so ready to be off the prednisone and feel normal again...and hoping that no more places appear on arms, hands or feet! Wondering what the doctor will say tomorrow! It will be 15 weeks on Friday since I got my first Covid vaccine. I call it "the shot that keeps on giving!" I'm off to set up the dialysis cycler machine...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment