Friday, May 21, 2021

Must Be A Fly-In

While I was just outside taking this picture, I saw at least six staggerwings fly over our house. We have a staggerwing museum here in town and they have fly-ins every so often...and right around Memorial Day seems like a time they might be having one. I didn't get a picture as I had the camera set for close-ups. Today has been sort of a down-day...neither of us did much. Woody must be feeling a little better...not hurting as much, as he did come upstairs for a while this afternoon. Joy and Nathan dropped in this morning for a short time. They brought the Mr. Coffee so Cheryl and Rachel can have coffee while they are here...guess you could say that is one thing that has been checked off my list (The list that doesn't even exist yet!). I guess it is about time to make a list as Cheryl arrives a month from tomorrow's date. While Nathan and Joy were here, I got a call from my close-moved from TN-Alabama-sewing-stitching-good friend! It was not the call that ones wants to hear. She was in the hospital awaiting a serious procedure this afternoon to deal with multiple blood clots in both lungs. This weekend her granddaughter is getting married so the family is busy, busy with wedding events and keeping an eye on Connie, so I haven't heard anything about her procedure. She is to be in ICU after the procedure so I know that she won't be able to update me...so I am just waiting and praying for good outcome from the procedure. I have stitched and kept her on my mind and in my prayers this afternoon. We are stitching and sewing cohorts...and still consult each other even though there are many miles separating us. The house on my sampler is getting filled in.
I have been extra tired today so I have had several naps this afternoon...falling asleep with needle in hand! I attempted to get Woody's prescriptions phoned in that were supposed to be phoned in yesterday. I was assured that they would be...but when I called only one had been phoned in. The one phoned in was for the antibiotic so he will be able to take that this weekend. I guess I will have to call about the other one on Monday. I have made a bunch of pharmacy calls and one to the kideney center...wonder how many it will take in all to get one more prescription. Usually they are very good at the kidney center so I won't complain...too much! It was explained to me that they have a new manager and there was a meeting yesterday afternoon that kept them from phoning in all the prescriptions. And, I didn't talk to our nurse when I called so I didn't get specific with what was supposed to be called in...so will just call back Monday morning. Patience is a virtue...that is hard to come by sometimes! It was time to use the sour dough starter so I made waffles this morning. This evening I put a pork roast in the oven. And, I guess tomorrow I will head back to the grocery store as Woody enjoyed the soup that I made so much he wants me to make it again...considering his lack of appetite lately, I will go along with him when he shows an interest in food! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment