Saturday, February 12, 2022

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yesterday we were in the 60s, though it was windy so it felt a bit cooler. Today, I didnt go outside till after lunch and was surprised at how cold it had gotten. I had been nice and comfortable inside! Warm one day and cold the next...the norm around here at this time of year. It surely is easy to get used to the warmer days, though! I made a pot of soup this morning, I thought about making potato soup, but was out of carrots and I lije carrots in my potato soup. So I put carrots on my grocery list and started looking around for ingredients to make something else. I remembered that I had a piece of cod in the freezer and thought about fish chowder...something that I had never made before. I found a recipe that also included clams and I had a can of clams in the pantry. So I took off with that recipe and it turned out to be a keeper. Good to make and eat some good hot soup on this chilly day. Woody has stayed in trying to keep warm...snuggled under several fleece throws in his recliner. He has been reading, doing his crosswords, and watching some TV...maybe did a little eye resting, too. While we are getting tonight's dialysis set up and waiting for the dialysis solution to warm, we are watching a bit of the Olympics. We're trying to get his dialysis started a little earlier tonight since we have to head out bright and early for Sunday School. I have made the decision that I won't be going to Sunday School till after Woody's surgery. Being exposed to Covid twice in three weeks has made me a bit gun shy! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Oh, and, I forgot to mention last night that my gout rescue med seems to have done its job once again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment