Monday, February 7, 2022

Surgery in the Near Future

i captured tonight's photo on our way to Franklin, TN to see Woody's melanoma surgeon. The plan is to remove the tumor and then do a skin graft and also remive the lymph node under his arm. The surgery will be at Vanderbilt in Nashville. The doctor prefers to operate where all Woody's been treated before and wherevall his records are. The doctor said the surgery would be in the next couple of weeks...but...we know how that goes...lots of factors have to be figured in besides when the doctor thinks he can do the surgery! Vanderbilt is supposed to call us with day, etc. We just know it will be in probably the "near" future! Woody went to Monday Night Furnace Room prayer meeting. He's home, had his protein shake, and will get connected to his dialysis cycler machine in a little while...letting him digest the shake for a little while before starting tonight's dialysis. I'm a bit late blogging tonight as I had to take care if some Sunday School "business." I learned earlier that one if the members of my class tested positive for Covid today and she was in class yesterday. So I have been sending emails to let individuals know who were there yesterday. I usually mask, but this time didn't because I was teaching. Wish I had! Oh, well, what will be will be! I had a strange phone call today...the lady who was to handle one if my orders at Christmas called to say she had just learned that what I had ordered hadn't been delivered to me. I assumed she was talking about Kathy's present...a St. Louis Blues throw...we initially received two Dallas Cowboys throws. That was our miracle gift...I emailed about the mistake and before I heard back from my email, Fed Ex was at our door asking to pick up the incorrect gift and had the package with the correct gift. Later that day we got an email saying to take a picture of incorrect gift, etc. So don't think anyone knew what the other was doing...and, now we get a phone call two months later trying to correct the problem! I still say it was a miracle Christmas gift! And, once again I will say: Be safe! be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment