Saturday, February 19, 2022

Success!

We didn't get out the door quite as early as we had meant to this morning, but, I guess early enough. Woody was successful in getting his Covid test at our hospital here in town. Saturday was not the best day to have to do this as these tests are usually done in another part of the hospital which isn't open on Saturdays. But they weren't busy and I guess they took pity on us two old folk...with one in a wheel chair...and decided that they could do a Covid test for us. Our hospital is now owned by Vanderbult so this test results will be entered into the Vanderbilt system...so no paper work was given to us. Once results are in the system, I will be able to read the results as I can read all of Woody's test results there. So as far as we are concerned we have followed what they told us to do...just not where they told us to do it! It surely was nice not to have to make an 80 mile round trip to have this test done! We alsonran a few errands while we were out...like getting gas for the car so it will have plenty for Nathan to take us Tuesday. We also stopped at the Credit Union and the pharmacy. Covid test and the errands all took about an hour total of our time. We were both glad to get back to the house. I have worked on getting ready to sew...when I feel like sewing. I had a lot of theead to out away before I could really do much sewing. So that is done. I have the sewing cutting table cleared and two pieces of fabric spread out on it for a project and another piece spread out on the bed for another project. Now to get motivated to do one or the other of the projects! I think that is ad far as my sewing energy will get me today...only energy left is to get Woody's dialysis treatment going here shortly so he will be be finished in time to head off for Sunday School in the morning and then maybe I will still have enough energy to do some stitching on my sampler tonight. I'm coming right along on that. I should know my alphabet by the time I am finished with this one. So far I have stitched an alphabet with uppercase letters and one with lowercase letters and now I am doing another uppercase alphabet. Of course I may be confused as these alphabets have no "J" in them as back in early years the "I" and "J" were used interchangeably. Also one of them the "V" and "U" are in reverse order...could be that they are both the same letter as "U" and "V" were also used interchangeably back then. This sampler is a reproduction of one stitched in 1790. "Ss can also look like Fs, but in this sampler they look like today's "S." The little girl who stitched the original sampler was eleven. This sampler is a very simple one...no motifs...just letters and numbers. It is mostly made up of cross stitches, but she did use a few speciality stitches. The alphabet that I'm now stitching is made up of Algerian Eye stitches...an eyelet type stitch, which is slowing my stitching down a bit. Here's my progress: Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment