Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Surgery Date is Set

Today has been "one of those days!" A day when there has hardly been time to sit down and catch my breath. I guess the most important thing that was accomplished today was getting the date set for Woody's surgery. It will be two weeks from today, February 22...George and Jo's birthdays! Jo said that she would be glad to share her birthday day with Woody for him to have a successful surgery...sounds good to us. I'm not sure if George is happy to share his day or not! After we got the day, then I got busy making sure that we could get to and from Vanderbilt! Nathan can take us and drop us off and Melany said that she can come pick us up...so that worked out! In amongst all those calls, I also got a call about our Fresenius dialysis supply delivery. We got a later time this time...sometime between 10am and 2pm. I'm not going anywhere so that will work. I also took on quite a bit of cooking. I made my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans. Woody said that beans and slaw sounded good. I just took the beans out of the oven a little while ago...they slow cooked in the oven for 8 hours...not much to do while they cook...but there was preliminary preparation that took a while and then of course there were lots of dishes and kithen clean up. I will make the slaw in the morning. I also made marinera sauce for me. I think that it is the first time ever for me not to double the recipe. This will be a good amount to have over angel hair pasta and also perhaps make an Italian baked dish of some sort and hopefully use it on a pizza...pizza sounds good to me...haven't had pizza in a long time. There might even be enough to freeze some...not sure since I'm not used to this smaller amount. We have done the normal routine of dialys during the day..disconnecting first thing in the morning, then a manual drain late morning, then set up tonight and just a few minutes ago connecting for his treatment for overnight. While waiting for the dialysis solution to warm up, I changed the bandage on his tumor on his arm. The nurse yesterday gave me some ideas on how to bandage it better. We'll see if I accomplished that or not when we rebandage tomorrow! I still feel fine after perhaps being exposed to Covid...hoping/planning to continue to feel good!!!! No time to be sick...especially with Woody's upcoming surgery. I am going to lay low and stay home this week so I don't take any chances of exposing anyone. There's plenty to do around here and we really don't have anywhere to go this week. Woody continues to do two crossword puzzles a day. At the moment he doesn't feel like reading...but he has done a lot of reading lately...so good to take a break once in a while. And, now things are quiet around here for the evening and I plan to cross stitch, that is, IF I can stay awake! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment