Friday, February 18, 2022

Signs of Spring!

I spotted the first of our miniature jonquils yesterday. Several more were blooming today. I told myself that I would take a picture of one of them for the blog...problem was...I waited till it was too late in the day to get a good picture. These are really tiny and low to the ground...so I had trouble holding the camera still since I needed to hold it down low to get them in the picture...on top of that, it was cold so I was attempting to not shiver. I probably needed our gardening bench so I could kneel down closer to it, but since the lighting wasn't very good, I just snapped a few to see if any would even be close to in focus. And, none really were...so I just played around with one of the less blurry ones and made it look artificial and sort of abstract. I will use it as a poor excuse for photography and promise to get a better one at another time! Our main news of the day is that we got a call from Woody's surgeon's office this afternoon saying that Woody's surgery time has been moved earlier so now we need to be at Vanderbilt by 9am instead of 10:30. Two problamatic things...1)we will now have to have Woody's dialysis completed much earlier than usual which means a much earlier starting time the night before and a really early rising time and 2)we have to face rush hour traffic on the interstate and in Nashville. We will have to alot even more time than for the little later time. But overall it will be good not to have to wait all morning (though, we still may...knowing how things go at Vanderbilt!). Nathan knows about the time change and it will work for him. Woody just wants to get rid of the tumor...he is counting the number of nights till he gets to have this removed. It really is becoming very bothersome to him...it's large, bleeding, itching, and hurting. Woody is more than ready for this surgery. There is only one more hurdle to have to get over before Tuesday...a negative Covid test 72 hours before his surgery day. He plans for us to head out fairly early in the morning to get that done. Then he can go back to counting his sleeps till he goes for surgery! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment