Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Midweek Showed Up, Again!

I got several photos on Monday of barns and farms that I am pleased with...considering that we were traveling right along down the road and I had to snap quickly ornwe would be past them! This morning I vacuumed the living room and dining room. I like to vacuum the living room the night before or the day of delivery of the dialysis supplies...that way where the boxes are stacked will get cleaned before they are covered with boxes. Just when the room looked almsot normal, another delivery arrives and fills up the room again! While waiting for the supplies to be delivered I got busy making slaw for Woody to have with the baked beans. Delivery arrived a little before I was finished...around 11am. Once he left, it was time to do the manual drain for Woody. While the solution drained, I finished the slaw. At least I had made the cooked dressing first so it was cooled by the time I had everything sliced and grated, it was ready to be poured over the other ingredients. Woody has been doing crossword puzzles from books given to him at Christmas. We got a call from Woody's kidney nurse this afternoon. He needed to change the appointment that had been scheduled for this coming week. So now he has an appointment a couple of days after his surgery...hope he feels like going! I did tell the nurse about his surgery. Woody has had his protein shake and soon it will be time to get his dialysis treatment set up and change the dressing on the tumor on his arm (not my favorite job!). Soon the tumor will be gone...and, at the start no changing of dressing because they want it left alone so the graft will take...instructions I will happily follow! I'm sure eventually there will be dressing changes, but I won't be dealing with the shape of the tumor...of getting it covered. His tumor is the size if a small to medium size fist. The doctor gave this type tumor a name that means that it grows up like a mushroom...good description...a very ugly mushroom! Woody called his tumor grotesque the other day...and I didn't disagree with him! Well, dialysis duties await as well as some dishes calling to me in the kitchen that either need to be put un the dishwasher or washed by hand. Once those duties are done, then I plan head to my recliner to stitch...and...NOT fall asleep with fabric and needle in hand like last night! Be safe! Be well! Be cautios! (And, I will add that I still feel fine...no symptoms of Covid, but I am still staying home to be safe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment