Friday, February 25, 2022

Extra Nursing Duties Must Make One Forgetful!

While taking my shower, i realized that I hadn't blogged! Oops! The patient is doing very well. He did manage to get up from his recliner and walk a short distance with his walker. I guess we will be able to get to his doctor appointment tomorrow morning. My "nursing duties" have increased quite a bit...now have to find time to empty the drain bulb and strip the tubing three times a day and today added a new duty of changing the dressing where the tumor was removed. I dreaded that, but it really wasn't bad. He does have a rather lengthy scar...but it is all sutured up and isn't bleeding. It was easy to remove the bandage that they had on and replace it. But time consuming...that bandage change is what I did when I usually blog...that time when the dialysis solution is warming up. It has essentially been an uneventful day...good to have one of those every so often! He still has pain under his arm where the lymph node was removed and that makes it hard to get up and then put the pressure he needs to on his walker. At least tomorrow for his appointment he will be propelled either by wheelchair or car...only has the effort to get in and out of the wheelchair and in and out of the car. I'll try to remember to blog earlier tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment