Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A Recovery Day?!?

I felt the effects of a very busy yesterday and prior to that busy preparation time for yesterday. Guessing today when adrenalin stopped flowing! I did manage to get a few things done...one being getting ALL the dishes used yesterday put away. I had a fully loaded dishwasher last night and then had a lot of others to wash by hand. They got washed, but not put away. That was one of the first things that I did after returning from dropping Woody off for dialysis. I also managed to vacuum through the downstairs. Woody told me today that he is back to having his blood pressure drop at the end of dialysis so they have to give him a saline bolus. He was ready for his chair when he got home, but also ready to have lunch. Eating helps to perk him us some. I was glad that he wanted to eat early today, as I got a call from one of his home health nurses and she wanted to come for his weekly visit today. I had guessed right...this was an evaluation as to whether he was going to continue as a patient with home healh. This nurse is the one who does the evaluations. She said that she was going to recommend one more month and that probably after that they will stop coming. His bedsore has healed and the wound on the leg is one that will take a while,and as long as there is no infection, it will just be a wound that we will have to do long term care for. So we may be on our own in a month..."just" having dialysis, oncology, and other scheduled doctor apoointments. Wow! Will we know what to do without them dropping once a week!?! We'll accept less attention! She changed his dressing on his leg to one that doesn't have a pad that is meant to be extra absorbant. We see tomorrow if that works. She isn't sure that she sees what the other nurse and I see that it is starting to heal over...but she was here just the week before last so in that time it hasn't changed a tremendous amount. But I still see healing. You can see less of the bolt on his hardware than you could earlier. She did say that she did see a place that might indicate that the wound was closing some. We will continue to change the dressing daily and pray that it does the unusual and heals over! Time will tell! I phoned in a prescription refill for Woody and asked if TN Oncology had phoned in for a refill last week...they hadn't. The pharmacy faxed the office and I decided to wait to an hour before they closed to see if possibly they would have responded...and, they had! So I was able to pick up both prescriptions this evening. After I got back, I watered all the new plants...and some of the old ones! Then it was supper time...leftovers from yesterday! Supper is over. Woody headed over to his couch/bed a few minutes ago. So I guess I can say that our day is winding down. We need to get up snd going in the morning as Melany plans to be here around 8am to go back to work on our gardens. If I needed recovery from yesterday...she needed it even more...as hard as she and Wade and Nathan and his crew worked yesterday! But more new plants going in tomorrow in the garden around our front porch and mulching to be done, too. And, this time she is on her own! I did pull some weeds in that garden so she wouldn't have so many tomorrow. This garden is in fairly good shape...nothing like the one they tackled yesterday and on Mother's Day. That should help her some. I must say that it is really nice to have a clean car...thanks, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph!!! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment