Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Food Prep for Memorial Day Weekend…At Least a Start

I am getting a little head start on what I'm going to make for Memorial Day lunch. I was very happy that I didn't have to gather all the ingredients pictured above, as I still had enough of my dry rub for my oven roasted pulled pork recipe. I just rubbed the Boston Butt roast with it and covered it with plastic wrap and put it back in the fridge till it is time to put it in a slow oven to cook for hours...think I will do it tomorrow which includes pulling it, too. Melany, Wade and Erin plan to come on Monday to do more yard work. Nathan and some of his farm hands will be joining us too,if all goes as planned. We got up and were able to move a little slower than on dialysis days since we didn't have to leave till 9 for TN Oncology. We got there to find out that they had been trying to call us. His medicine hadn't arrived so they rescheduled him to Friday...so just a little trip out and about this morning. I did get my hair cut today. I'm really glad that wasn't the appointment rescheduled! I'm always glad when hair cut day rolls around! Besides his little jaunt out this morning, Woody has had a usual day of crossword puzzles, reading, and TV. I've worked some on Sunday's Sunday School lesson, put away some clothes, made breakfast, lunch, and supper, and it is now about time to dress Woody's leg wound. Then I will head upstairs to read, stitch, or study the Sunday School materials. To be coninued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment