Saturday, May 27, 2023

Continued Prep for Monday

Up and at um bright and early, again, this morning. Headed off for Woody's dialysis treatment around 6am...must have gotten him there on time as I was driving away from the center at 6:20 (time he is to be there). I headed home to get the beans, that had soaked all night, simmering. While they simmered, I got the other ingredients that go in the Boston Baked Beans recipe prepared and ready to mix with the beans when they were through simmering. Once they were all mixed, I popped them into a slow oven to cook for the next 6 or so hours. I left a little early to pick up Woody so I could stop at Lowe's and the Credit Union. I got some basil plants, a couple of tomato plants and some flat leaf parsley. I also got car washing supplies as I am hoping that the weather will cooperate so some boys can wash our car on Monday. As soon as I got Woody home and in his chair with a little snack, I headed out to plant the new plants. I also planted some garlic. I ddagged the hose around to give the new plants a drink. We did get rain yesterday and some overnight...so the other plants planted at Mother's day didn't need an extra drink today. Woody had a quiet day...must havr felt sleepy early as he moved to the couch much sooner than usual late this afternoon. I still need to dress his leg wound so will do that after I publish this. Besides the baked beans, I also made a marinated vegetable salad for Monday. I just put that in the refrigerator. Now I need to face the latest kitchen mess! Tomorrow I have the dessert to prepare and then my part of the cooking will be finished. I did sneak in a short nap this afternoon. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment