Thursday, May 11, 2023

Not a Barn Trip…But Look What We Found!

I knew we would find a barn...or two...so took my camera. Marie and Carolyn didn't take their cameras...but did have their phones...but wished for their cameras! Marie called and asked if I wanted to ride along with her and Carolyn...but it wasn't an "official barn trip." They were going flower hunting...to a nursery to look for flowers. Then plans changed because a storm rolled in. But in the end, we did go...just in a different direction. The place we went wasn't open for business so struck out in the flower department. But right around the corner was a barn...and another down the road a little way. Tonight's photo is the first one we came to. Our Thursday started out early as I guess they will unless there is a change in schedule for some reason. I came home to work on the chicken pot pie...first put the crust together and patted the dough into two disks, weapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator. i read a while back if you do this that it helps the gluton develop...and my crusts have turned out very well since i started doing this. After I got the crusts chilling, I started getting other ingredients ready. I use frozen vegetables except for the potatoes and onion. I was good and cooked the potatoes the suggested way to lower their potassium levels...peel them, cube them, bring them to a boil and then pourbwater off and then add new water to the pot and boil them for 10 minutes. This method is supposed to reduce the potassium by 50%. At least I made the effort!!! On the way to pick Woody up, I stopped to pick up some medicine. When I got back home, I finished the pot pie and got it in the oven. Lunch was a little later tgan usual and Woody was really hungry. I asked Woody if the pot pie tasted good to him and he told me anythingbwoukd taste good when he was as hungry as he was! (Insert eye roll!) After lunch, I popped my camera in my purse...just in case we saw a barn. About that time Nathan, Kathy, and a crew of 4 grandchildren arrived and made quick work of mowing the front yard. When they left, I thought our non-barn trip was off, but within minuted it was on again! We had a nice visit riding around and enjoyed the flowers along the roadside even if we didn't find any flowers to plant! I came home and sat and read for a little while before I got our supper. And, now the day is drawing to a close. And, tomorrow is a no dialysis day...we both enjoy those! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment