Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Change In Plans

I got a text fairly early this morning from Melany asking to change her day to come garden to Friday instead of today. Erin has a new insulin pump and it is a smart pump that works with a smart phone...but said phone must be an Apple phone and Erin's isn't, but Melany's is. Melany needed to stay close to Erin with her (Melany's) phone so the app would work and do all the checking and automatic insulin giving and sending info to the doctor, etc. One of the things that Melany needed today was get Erin a new phone which she did accomplish. Then they spent a lot of time trying to get everything up and running and talking to what and whomever it needed it to talk to! They also put Erin on a less strong insulin and that wasn't holding her and her blood sugar levels had risen so Melany needed to stay close to try to get those regulated...the pump and Erin and phone have to get used to each other!!! Technology! But if this works is supposed to be much better for controling Erin's blood sugar levels. Her blood sugar numbers had come down some when I texted with Melany this afternoon. Hopefully it will work for her! I decided that after I got Woody his breakfast that I would go back to sleep for a while, which I did so got a little extra sleep today. Late morning and some this afternoon, I worked a little in the gardens. This evening I watered since we have new plants getting established and some plants still in pots that will stay in them till Friday when Melany comes. I also spent time on the Sunday School lesson this afternoon. I got a call from Marie later this afternoon and she has decided to start teaching again. She had taken a break after her husband died. We will be glad to have her back as our teacher! And, I will gladly hand her back the reins for the lessons! Woody has had a quiet day working puzzles, watching TV and maybe reading a little. I'm about to head out to dress his leg wound and after I unload the dishwasher and then reload it, I plan to head upstairs for the night. Even though I slept some more this morning, I am feeling really tired tonight...maybe all that fresh air that I'm not used to getting! We will be up with the birds in the morning to get ready to head off for another dialysis treatment for Woody. Pretty much the same ol', same ol' these days...won't complain! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Bidding goodbye to May!

No comments:

Post a Comment