Friday, May 19, 2023

It's Someone's Birthday Today!

And, that birthday happens to belong to the child attempting to climb into the stocks at Plimouth Plantation! I think we have all aged! This photo happened to come up as a memory on my Facebook page this morning and I decided to copy it and use it tonight. Melany has on her tennis dress that I made her because her daddy was teaching her how to play tennis. Nathan is 5 in this picture and Melany is 7. Woody is 30 and I'm 29. The year is 1977. The reason I can tell you the year is that it is the year that Elvis died. We were visiting my Uncle Don and Aunt Lois and my cousin Sue. Sue was a very, very BIG fan of Elvis...had life-size poster of him in her upstairs hall. It wouldn't be very many more evenings after this photo was taken that we would be sitting at the dinner table at my Aunt and Uncle's and Uncle Don would just casually mention that Elvis had died that day. Oh, my! We were in "mourning" the rest of the trip after that announcement due to Sue...and it was a little eerie to see that poster every time we walked down that hallway! But it put a marker on what year it was...though, I will admit that I did double check with Alexa before I wrote down the year! We did have a really nice visit seeing Massachusetts' sights as well as visiting with pur family and extended family who lived in the area. Most are no longer with us...none from my mother's generation are still alive...so it is down to my generation, my kid's generation, their kid's generation and and their kid's... Aunt Lois was my mother's only sister and Sue was her only child. With Sue's death almost 30 years ago, I am now the oldest in my mother's immediate family. Oh, my...and my "baby" turned 51 in the wee hours of this morning. I think it is time to change the subject from age! Happy birthday to Nathan! We have had a very quiet day...neither of us left the house...well, I did go out...to get the mail, get an onion out of the garden and water the plants on the front porch. All the newly planted plants seem happy after the rain that we got yesterday. I got that ironing done and the items into my closet this afternoon...still weeding out. I now have a pile designsted "to get rid of." Woody has done his crosswords, caught up with the baseball Cardinals on his computer. One different thing we did today was change the voice of Alexa...Woody was having a hard time understanding the voice as we had it...so I found out how to change it and he chose the one he thought was most understandable...he chose a man's voice...now if the name just weren't Alexa...there are other things we could "name" it...but we are so used to Alexa that I'm not sure that is a good idea! I just asked "my Alexa" and she told me the other names she could be called...we'll see Woody wants o change! Oh, the things we end up doing these days! (insert eye roll!) Well, I guess it is time to do a leg dressing change. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I appologize for the many errors...I have been attempting to correct them blindly as my keyboard covers the text when I am thping...and I realize that I wasn't in the places that I meant to be. I just can't face starting over! So I hope you can make out what I was trying to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment