Thursday, May 4, 2023

National Day of Prayer 2023

Tonight's blog title brings back memories of one of Woody's visits to The National Institutes of Health. He had surgery on this day...probably 10 years ago...or perhaps even longer ago. But I took a walk over to where they were having a National Day of Prayer gathering. I was pleased to take part in an observation of the day on US government grounds. I can find out exactly how long ago, but since I am blogging right now I don't have access to the page that would get me there. I've been blogging for almost 14-1/2 years. The first year plus some was about Vanderbilt treatments. So it could have been 13 years ago. We got up with the birds once again this morning. We left the house right at 6am. I wheeled him into the center and before I got out the outer door, his nurse was wheeling him into the treatment room. I was back to pick him up a little before 10:30 and he had just been wheeled out into the waiting room. As I was wheeling him up our ramp, my phone rang and it was the home health nurse saying that she was heading our way...just time enough for him to transfer into his recliner and take a deep breath! Well, it wasn't quite that quick, but wasn't long after we got situated. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today both while he was at dialysis and then again some more this afternoon and evening. I made a cake, fixed strawberries for strawberry shortcake and then made a recipe of Woody's Roasted red pepper saice. He uses this sauce in place of carsup. I just finished making New England Clam Chowder. A recipe that I have been wanting to make for me...Woody can have some if he wants it. Time will tell on that! He is all settled in for the night. It's been a pretty busy day for him. I have tried not to nap today so I will feel like going to sleep when it is time! I worked some this afternoon on this week's Sunday School lesson. Imay work a little more on it this evening...or I may stitch...or read...several options! But first I must clean up the kit hen...again! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment