Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Blah Tuesday

It has been sort of a blah day for me...glad we are at this end of it. I didn't feel the greatest...but not sick...just no energy...so I didn't press myself to do much. I did work on next week's Sunday School lesson and read some in the book for next month's Cottey College Alumnae book club. It would not be a book that I would have chosen on my own, but I want to finish it to see what happens...so that means it isn't too bad! The selection for this month's club was a fantasy...not my cup of tea...when in the first paragraph of that book a child was levitating some blocks, I closed the book and said that it wasn't for me! The club meets via Zoom this Saturday to discuss the fantasy. I should be home from picking up Woody from dialysis so may join them to see what others have to say about it. I know someone in the group likes it as they recommended it! Not for me! I thought that I had meals covered for today and wouldn't have to cook except for Woody's breakfast, but he decided that it needed to be "Taco Tuesday!" (insert eye rolls!) But I fixed them for him and now he has those among his choices for the week for lunch and supper. I have done quite a bit of napping especially this afternoon. I figure that I needed to catch up on sleep so didn't fight being sleepy and took several naps in betwern chapters! I did do a little more on my closet as I still have some items to be put in it that weren't stored in the off season closet. I still need to do a little ironing of items put away after their last wash last season that need a touch up before being worn this season. I also weeded out some items that need to find file 13...those items had been around for many seasons...time to bid them farewell. We were out of the good bandages for Woody's leg wound...I do have ofhers that don't work as well. The nurse ordered some last week when she was here and I was glad to find them on the front porch when I went out to put something in the garbage. BUT...when I got into the package, they are not the ones that work so well that the other nurse ordered for us previously. So not sure what shape the bandage will be in by morning. A nurse comes tomorrow so hopefulky she can order the correct ones...hopefully the nurse who originally ordered the ones we like will come tomorrow. But wound care has been done for tonight to the best that the bandage would allow. Woody is all tucked in...I'm sure he's hoping for a good night's sleep! Dialysis went fine today except that he came home totally spent...a little rest after he got home and then lunch gave him some of his energy back and he commented on how much better he felt. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment