Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A Date is Set

I texted with Kathy this morning and discovered that Abigail and Payton have set a wedding date and it isn't very far away...mid June literally. Busy times for her and Payton and their families between now and then! Woody had a good day at dialysis and I'm sure he thought that the day was even better once he got back home! Donna and I worked in the library this afternoon...well, part of that time we worked in my car when we were locked out of the church because the church staff was in a meeting. We worked on a book order in the car and once we got inside we did maintenance and then got books covered with either book jackets or contact paper and got them on the new book shelf all ready to be checked out. I am not as far as I was last night on the sampler...the "O" is just at the beginning point...again! When I was almost finished stitching it I realized that I had added one stitch extra in the width at about the fourth X. I could have left it as it wouldn't show once it was all complete...EXCEPT...if I should make that type of mistake very many times as I am stitching these letters I could be quite a bit off when finally finished. I decided since I found this mistake when I wasn't all that far beyond the mistake that I should take it out and redo the letter. So any stitching that I did today was reverse stitching...or what needleworkers call "frog stitching" as in ribbit, ribbit frog talk for rip it, rip it! I have no deadline on this one so two steps forward and one step backward isn't exactly crucial. I am going to have to set this sampler aside soon so I can start some gift stitching. I have packed up some more Christmas today...as I decided that I wanted the dining room table to start heading back to normal...well, momentarily it has a basket of red berries on it to go along with my Valentine decorations. I'm heading to dress the wound on Woody's leg and then finish up with the dishes in the kitchen...not much cooking took place today...we took advantage of what was already cooked. Tomorrow has no plans for it...at this point...always afraid to say that...but we "think" we will be staying home tomorrow. To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment