Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Not Sprung Yet!

Well, he is still in "jail" aka the hospital. He had another episode during dialusis today and perhaps for the better as more and different medical folk saw how he was before and after. I spoke with the hospitalist and she has an approach that we will try. She says that his blood pressure is very high at times other than dialysis...when it drops very low. And, she thinks that they are taking too much fluid off of him during dialysis (I have been trying to convince them of that for months!) So she is going to get them to reevaluate his dry weight and pull less off. And, she wants to address his blood pressure with other than the dialysis taking care of it...so she is starting him on a blood pressure med tonight to see how he responds to it. She has discussed this with the nephrology team, which should include his nephrologist, as Dr. O is the head of nephrology at the hospital. Woody was good when I saw him this morning, but when I came back after he finished dialysis, he didn't seem so good...seemed very "slow." At that time I did not know that he had repeated his "spell" in dialysis today. Once I found that out the way Woody was acting made sense. I called the dialysis center and told them that he was still in the hospital and wouldn't be coming to the center in the morning. This will give him two days on the blood pressure med before his next dialysis. He is not to take the blood pressure med on his dialysis days. His wound care team came in this afternoon...three of the team that we see each time we go to wound care...that was nice. They could also tell that he was not himself. I will say that after he ate a good supper tonight that he seemed to be more himself. They had his favorite Vandy meal tonight...pot roast. And, I can attest that it is one of the best pot roasts that I have ever eaten...so tender and a nice thick slice. Everyone seems to love this Vanderbilt meal. When he was at Vanderbilt, Nashville, for three weeks this is the meal that Woody ordered most often. I was glad to see that meal as I knew that he would eat it and enjoy it. I came home just before dark and will head back in the morning. The hospitalist said that she plans to discharge him tomorrow as long as he is doing okay...time will tell! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment