Friday, February 23, 2024

Free Friday

It was a free Friday and we just stayed home and enjoyed it. It was time to do a little cooking and Woody chose Chili Mac from the choices I gave him. That goes together fairly quickly without not a tremendous amount of effort...so I liked that part. I continued to put away the winter decorations...all trees are upstairs and a good portion of them have found a place to rest till the end of the year. Once I have the kitchen cleaned up (We just finished eating...running a bit late tonight with supper), I will get Woody's leg taken care of and then I will head upstairs and find places for a few more trees. I still have snowmen to find storage places for...but they are smaller than some of the trees...so the can be tucked into nooks and crannies of boxes that I have mostly filled already. I have done some stitching. I started a piece that I hope to give as a gift...but the start hasn't gone the smoothest...if the piece doesn't start behaving, I may have to put it in time out and find something else to gift! I will persevere a little longer with it...but not a lot longer! I have also done a little reading. Woody has done a plethora of crossword puzzles today. He stacks up the puzzles pages he has completed for me to put in the paper recycle bin...I have added a lot of papers to be recycled so far today. He must be closing in on finishing his daily crossword calendar...and, it isn't even March yet. I think that we both may have napped a little this afternoon. I have been cleaning as I put away trees and snowmen...lots of dust has accumulated in and around them. I brought down some of the every day decorations to be put back in place once the furniture has been polished...or at least given a good dusting. The vacuum has seen a little action...not much, but a little less thread is scattered around my chair. I have a place where I put my thread clippings (called orts), but inevitably some managed to get on the floor or attached to whatever I am wearing, etc. Tomorrow is another early day. But one nice thing is that as the days get longer, we are no longer heading off in total darkness and it isn't as cold...at least most mornings. I have heard that the temperatures are supposed to be down in the upper 20s or low 30s when we head off to church. These warmer temperatures are just teases at times! I do have my new phones up and working and it has been a lot quieter day...not as many spam calls. This phone is supposed to block certain types of calls/numbers. That will be a good thing...we get so many calls wanting to represent Woody and his book, Prayers From God. The best one was the gentleman who said that he had read the book and thought it warrented consideration for a movie...even Woodu laughed at that! I told Nathan about that suggestion last night and he REALLY got a laugh out of it. So if we can get some of those multiple daily calls blocked, these phones will have done us a service! My sister called me on the home line to test out the quality of the call and it was good on both ends of the wire for us. Supposedly I can link the cell phone to these phnnes...at this point I haven't figured out how to do that...may have to depend on Nathan to help interpret those instructions. I did set the time and date on my own and have chosen places to put the phones...hoping that I can get to one without breaking my neck. I'm glad to have one next to my chair and one next to Woody's chair. I've attempted to show him how to answer it and how to call on it...we'll see how good a pupil he is!!! I'll bet it will take a couple of times of the phone ringing and him answering it for him to learn! The phone actually tells you who is calling...I haven't attempted to figure out how to use it as an intercom yet...one of these days! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment