Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday, Monday!

It has been a busy day, at least for me. Woody has taken it easy...trying to nurse his sore back. He took a backwards fall early Sunday morning...his feet slipped when he was going from his recliner to the couch and he landed on his back. Nathan and Graham came to our rescue in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Neither of us went to church. I didn't feel like I could leave him till I knew a little more as to how stove up he was going to be. He has transfered several times since on his own with the walker...most of the time he was successful. He had to have another rescue a few hours ago, as he slid off his recliner when he didn't sit far enough back on the chair when he was sitting down. Nathan and Elijah came to his rescue this time. Now if he could just stay upright and off the floor! I did go to prayer meeting tonight and just got home a few minutes ago. I decided that I wanted to get our sour dough starter active again so today was the first time that I have used it. I made sour dough waffles. I also knew that we needed "liquie gold" aka chicken broth/stock. I made some today...so I have made several messes in the kitchen today. I have already done one load of dishes...and will have a second once I get it unloaded and reloaded. This load may be only a bottom rack run. I like that feature of this dishwasher...you can run a cycle for just the top or just the bottom oe for both. I have managed to get the snowmen and trees all back in storage boxes. I undecorated the "Valentine" tree...so now have those ornaments to find a spot for in the Christmas storage boxes. I decorated the corner tree for Spring/Easter this afternoon...so have that mess to clean up from. Still have to get out my Spring decortions...lots of bunnies will soon be adorning nooks and crannies around here. But first there are lots of messes to deal with. I know that eventually things will get straightened up again, but at the moment...Over the weekend I worked on several of my cross stitch pieces...no time for cross stitch today...maybe before I close my eyes tonight? I am making some headway on the gift cross stitch piece. Woody transferred successgully to the couch so he is settling in for the night. I still need to do a little to his leg. And, I do need to go work some more on the kitchen before I can retire upstairs for the night. I might try to pack away a few more ornaments before I end my day. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment