Saturday, February 10, 2024

Rainy Saturday

We managed to get to dialysis this morning high and dry...but the rest of the day has been pretty soggy. It was raining when I picked him up, but not really hard so we got back into our house without getting too wet. Woody said that his dialysis went well today...a good thing. Woody has had a couple of slips today...once from the couch...early this morning. He managed fairly easily to get back up. This afternoon he slipped off his recliner when he was coming back from the bathroom...that time he landed in not the best place, but managed to get to the front of the chair, but couldn't get leverage to get back up. I called Nathan just before he was heading to the Valentine Banquet at their church in Shelbyville. So he and Elijah made a quick stop off here on their way and got him back in his chair pretty easily between the two of them. I am so glad that I called when I did! Woody uses his mathmetical mind to figure out what he needs to do in order to get back to where he belongs... but sometimes his mind and his body don't agree! Both of these were just slips/slides...no damage done. Both of us woke up early due to his slip off the couch...so for me, at least, it has been a pretty long day and one that I didn't really have much energy to do much of anything...plus all this rain makes for a lazy day. I have done some reading and also some stitching. I was just starting the "U" on the first alphabet on my Bristol sampler when Woody put out an SOS to come to his rescue...so nearing the end of the first alphabet. When this alphabet is complete, the width will be established...and I have plenty of fabric so no problems getting the whole sampler on the piece of linen I am stitching on. After the problem with the "O" I haven't had any more major problems...only a little "frogging" a couple of times when I went in the wrong direction with a curliecue...so I am going right along. Hopefully Woody is going to stay put for the rest of the day and night and tomorrow and..! He plans to teach his boys Sunday School class in the morning. I roasted a chicken today and have shredded some of the meat for chicken enchiladas...but I am stopped on that recipe until I make homemade flour tortillas. And, that isn't a job that I am really fond of...but I can do it...maybe tomorrow! I was going to make Chili Mac, but Woody said that he preferred just plain chili for Super Bowl Sunday so I guess I will put together a pot of chili tomorrow...that means that tortillas may not happen! To Be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment