Saturday, February 24, 2024

Saturday All Over Again!

We both agreed today that it seemed just like yesterday that it was Saturday and here Saturday is again...well, almost over now. It has been a fairly busy day. Woody, of course, had dialysis...last treatment for this week and now has two days off before his next treatment. I went to two grocery stores while he was at dialysis. I picked him up with the groceries in the back seat of the car...couldn't put them in the trunk and get the wheelchair in. I didn't have time this shopping trip to go home and put groceries away before picking him up. He came out just a few minutes after I got to the dialysis center so we were on our way. I got him settled in his recliner and then got the groceries brought in and put away. I did manage to do a little cross stitching. I seem to have established the pattern on the latest piece that was giving me a problem last night...perhaps I will be able to complete it in a timely manner aftet all. This afternoon I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to buy more floss for that project. I also bought something for a topper for the corner tree when it becomes a Spring/Easter tree. I moved a few more items upstairs ready for their Christmas storage boxs...not many...today seems to have been filled with other things to do. Since I am stitching on a piece to give as a gift, I am trying to use extra time in that direction...plus stitching is a good excuse to sit down and rest...of course, sometimes mu stitching time becomes my napping time. I often wake up with the needle still in my hand. I guess I take after my mother...she often fell asleep while doing her needlepoint...she would wake up to find stitches in the wrong place, as she would continue stitching after she fell asleep. I haven't taken after her to that extent, at least not yet! Woody's leg has been dressed, the kitchen has been cleaned up, and the dishwasher is going. Now that I have written the blog, I will tap publish and then I will get back to my stitching. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment