Saturday, February 17, 2024

Back to Winter!

I guess that it got into the low 30s today, but it didn't feel like it due to the wind chill. It's supposed to get down to 19°F. Brrrrrr! It will be cold going to church in the morning! Today went well for Woody at dialysis. His blood sugar stayed good and finally he was back to finishing at the time that he used to...lately he has been getting finished later and later. I was especially glad that he got done in a timely manner today, as today was my Zoom book club meeting with alum from Cottey College. Today we discussed the book that they call the "common book" at Cottey...all incoming students read it and use it in their first year writing class. One of the Cottey professors lead our discussion. After the discussion of the book, What the Eyes Don't See, we stayed in the Zoom meeting and made choices for the next twelve books that we will read and discuss. Next month will finish our first year for this book club. After the club meeting it was time for lunch. Then I got busy completing my notes for tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. The notes are finished and hopefully printed off...I will check the printer in a while and see if they printed. I have to gather up the books and other information and tuck them into my bag and I will be ready to head out the door with them in the morning. I'm heading back downstairs to clean up the kitchen from the mess of making taco meat and the rest of the toppings...get the dishwasher loaded, wash what has to be washed by hand and then check on Woody and then head upstairs. I have already taken care of his leg. He seems to be back to using his walker to get from place in the famiy room and the adjoining bathroom. I plan to do some more stitching...I have one gift ornament almost stitched...so will continue on it and then maybe stitch a letter or two on the Bristol sampler. I'm ready to flop in my recliner with my heating pads...ready to call it a day/night! This morning while Woody was at dialysis I went to the grocery store...that can wear me out! It was a bit shorter shopping spree than sometimes...a good thing both for my back and the pocket book! I'm trying to figure out why the price of eggs has gone back up...anyone know what is going on in the chicken/egg world? To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment