Thursday, February 1, 2024

It’s February!

It's February and I just finished stitching the "F". Do you suppose I will be to the "M" by March?!? I hope so...or at least to an "m" in another of the alphabets! When I finish the "G", I will be on the 2nd page of the graph. I want to stitch this entire alphabet, which will take me across the entire top of the sampler...that way I will be sure that I have cut a piece wide enough for this sampler. By the way in total there are sixteen 8-1/2 X 11 sheets of paper for the entire graph. I really enjoy stitching letters (a good thing!)...there becomes a cadence, a rhythmic flow, when doing an alphabet...though this one isn't quite as predictable as some...the little extra curlicues are not always the same on each letter...but the thickest part of the main part of each letter is three Xs thick. The "F" was really easy to stitch after doing the "E." I'm not fond of the "C"...looks like an "E" to me...but since this is a reproduction of these two little girls' sampler, I will stitch it as they stitched it. Plus by the time I get the whole thing stitched...no individual letter will be focused upon! At this point I am on my second cut of 18" thread...each of those cuts has six strands. There is only one strand left on the cut that I am stitching with now...at that point I will have put in 1 yard of thread...but really six yards...since two cuts of 18" thread equals 36" times 6...since there are 6 strands in each thread. All I know is that there are lots of yards of stitching ahead of me on this piece! Neither Woody nor I have felt the greatest today...we both seem to have a sinus headache...enough that we both gave in and took Tylenol mid-afternoon. My headache is much better. Woody just said that his was "some better." His dialysis treatment went well up until the end when his lines started to clot off...so they ended his treatment and rinsed back just a little early. I have done just a few chores around the house today...just didn't feel like doing much...a load of wash, a little work in the kitchen. I did continue with recipe organizing...which was about done until I decided that I wanted to organize one notebook of recipes a little bit more...I will stick to this for a while and then leave this project alone until inspiration strikes me again! I only have about ten recipes that I need to decide where to locate them...so in a good place as far as loose pages of recipes! I didn't do the errands that I had sort of planned to do today so I could finish with my Valentine tree and antique scoop...tomorrow is another day! And, there is one more day in February this year...so not getting this done on February 1...still gives me the usual 28 days to enjoy my newest decorations! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment